Jeep Jewelry

A ballcock shank washers on each side and no rattling noise at all. They don't even swing and hit the bumper. I leave them on because they are there if I need them and I don't have to find them.

D-rings.JPG

If I were to be completely honest, a good bit of my visible accessories can be considered jewelery - to those that can spot them.

I have a savvy bumper, savvy steering box skid, warn winch, TRE fairead+thimble and savvy gas tank skid and sliders. I don't "wheel" hard enough (or regular enough) to really *need* any of them, so in that strict sense, they can be considered jewelery. However, I do not regret any of those purchases for three reasons. First, most of them are made with a philosophy I like ("what you need and nothing more" as Blaine eloquently put it) and will be useful/present if I get into a situation where I actually need them. Second, they give a minimal but complete look to the Jeep that's quite appealing - they have a nearly stock look to a casual observer. The TRE license plate holder is a favorite of mine in that regard, very elegant solution. Third, I probably would have spent the money on crappy products (a slider that attaches to body mounts, for example) without knowing better, so I consider this a "do it once, but do it right" thing.

Note that I removed my Rubicon decal and the "trail rated" emblem on the side since I did not see the point in either. I have outboard shocks but you can't see them unless you look very hard. Nothing in my Jeep is gaudy but I do have some (pretty capable) jewelery.

IMG_20200807_132457.jpg

Last edited:
I'm an older guy. There I said it. But I have long since given up trying to make others like me or look at me. I prefer the 'blacked out' look on a vehicle. Anything flashy to make others turn their head will make a cop turn his/her head too. And I'm not interested in having Johnny Law look my way. When I was younger thins were different. A bit of flash was a good thing. But I can appreciate all the extra flashy bits on others vehicles. I actually look around when I'm in a parking lot for all the different ways people try to stand out. So go as flashy as you want. I'll keep an eye out for you. 🧐
X2 on this above statement
my tj screams out loud enough with out drawing more attention on purpose

Last edited:
X2 on this above statement
my tj screams out loud enough with out drawing more attention on purpose
The thing about keeping the shackles on the bumper is that they need to be removed to attach the strap. Why not keep a shackle on the strap?

. Third, I probably would have spent the money on crappy products (a slider that attaches to body mounts, for example) without knowing better, so I consider this a "do it once, but do it right" thing.
That's been my philosophy more or less.

I don't like having to do things twice because I was cheap the first time or didn't understand what i was doing. Which admittedly, there's no escaping the later but I'll at least have and clear end goal.
That being said, I definitely went jewelry status on a few things (bumper, wheels).

The thing about keeping the shackles on the bumper is that they need to be removed to attach the strap. Why not keep a shackle on the strap?
Dang I thought that was why folks kept 20' of strap wound all over the front bumper, so they didn't have to unscrew the shackles!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Zorba
When I add parts it's always for function and not looks.
The Jeep did come from the factory with a chrome grill and while I didn't like this bling when I purchased the Jeep; it has grown on me...
There are no aftermarket stickers or jewelry on the Jeep; I even removed some stickers and items that were on the Jeep that were from the previous owner.

I liked my trail rated badges unfortunately so did somebody else. I put American flag stickers on my fenders, they protect the paint.

I still have the trail rated badge I removed. If you want it, I'll put it in the mail for you.

Reactions: pagrey
I'm tried to be pretty functional too, but have gotten a few things over the years for looks. E.g. smoked signal lenses, taillight guards, grill inserts, shifter knob. Some would argue my fender flares are more form over function too. :)