Jeep names: What are your names and how did you decide?

I bought my TJ after I moved to New Mexico. I'm near the Valles Caldera, where Walt Longmire's cabin scenes are shot for the TV series "Longmire". When we lived back in Louisiana, my wife and I would watch that show and dream of moving to Wyoming because of the expansive scenery. Unbeknownst to us, lots of the series was filmed in northern NM. We actually didn't realise it until we started considering moving here. It's amazing country out here. After watching the entirety of the series, I began reading all the "Walt Longmire Mysteries" books and really enjoyed them. In the book series, Walt has one deputy that used to be an oil field worker and was tough as a sack of hammers. His nickname in the series was "Double Tough". I liked the nickname, so the TJ became Double Tough. Our overland trailer is "The Red Pony", named after Henry Standing Bear's bar, and my wife's Tacoma TRD Offroad is named "Vic" after deputy Victoria Moretti. I guess you can say we are fans of the Longmire franchise.🤣View attachment 310051View attachment 310052View attachment 310053View attachment 310054View attachment 310056
Although it was written by a resident of and supposed to take place in Buffalo, WY. 😁

20210519_125803.jpg

20210519_135738.jpg

Reactions: 97TJNM
For sure. That's why we were so surprised to find out so much of it was filmed in our neck of the woods!
One thing I could never get over with Longmire (or WYO CSI as I like to call it) is how many murders there are. Go though two episodes and you've already surpassed the amount of murders in the entire State for a year. LOL

BTW my profile photo was taken just outside of Socorro, NM.

Reactions: HooDoo and 97TJNM
Hahahaha that's so true! The residents would be clamoring for a recall if that many murders happened under his watch in a town that size!😆

Reactions: ejay
I think Walt Longmire took more beatings, falls, near drownings, frostbite, gunshots, knifecuts, than the total of the murders.
He is one tough dude. I can't wait to start his last book. I have never seen the Netflix version . Is it good? I bought all 18 books off the internet at one lump, so as I finished one, I just reached for the next one, and will soon start #18.

Reactions: 97TJNM
I think Walt Longmire took more beatings, falls, near drownings, frostbite, gunshots, knifecuts, than the total of the murders.
He is one tough dude. I can't wait to start his last book. I have never seen the Netflix version . Is it good? I bought all 18 books off the internet at one lump, so as I finished one, I just reached for the next one, and will soon start #18.
I enjoyed it. Like any book adapted to TV, there are liberties taken. Still, I think it captured the "feel" of the books decently. Just don't expect an exact adaptation. I still have 4 or 5 books to go.

Reactions: HooDoo
As a youngin, a friend and I took to visiting every Fire Station in Columbus Ohio. At the time, I had my 1848 CJ2A.
When we were at a Station on the outskirts of town, we saw an old military 6X6 in the back of the Station. We asked about and the Firefighter told us it was for carrying hose on muddy construction sites. They called it "Muddog".
Some time later, I managed to get my Jeep stuck in the mud. When we finally got it out, I commented that we hadn't had to call for the Muddog to do so, my friend said that I had my own Muddog. I've carried the name through 5 Jeeps now.
013 - Copy.JPG
IMG_0420.JPG

REMEMBER WHEN BOBBY BOUCHER SHOWED UP AT HALF TIME AND THE MUDDOGS WON THE BOURBON BOWL!!!

I adopted a cat like 3 yrs ago was living in my crawlspace. She’s inside permanent. Never named her great cat. I call my jeep junior for all the appropriate reasons. See my profile. If ya need to know. 😃

7068054C-A465-4BD6-8BA4-F6B0986AA938.jpeg

• USA Proud
Reactions: TheBoogieman