Jeep reveals the Wrangler 4xe plug-in hybrid

Anybody see any info on the weight of this thing? I imagine what is already a heavy vehicle is going to be even heavier.
You know the 4 door Jl is 200 to 300lbs lighter than a 4 door jk right? So maybe it will be just as heavy as a 4 door jk.

Last edited:
I’m all about hybrid and EVs. But why do you buy something with solid axles and body on frame if you’re into fuel savings. It’s not nearly the most efficient or the best riding platform for folks looking at fuel economy.
Maybe they want to take the doors and top off and still be semi electric

What’s so different between this and a fusion energi plug in hybrid, ours got maybe 35 mpg on a good day. They must get that number by combining with battery range. We never plug in the battery, wasn’t worth it to get the 20 miles.

Even at 35 mpg... thats more than double what I currently get.

Glad to see that offroading has a future, since california gas prices will only get worse.

Currently gas is in the low $3..... and thats good for Calif.

Reactions: Daryl and KennedyLJ
You know the 4 door Jl is 200 to 300lbs lighter than a 4 door jk right? So maybe it will be just as heavy as a 4 door jk.
A similar comparison of weight between plug-in hybrid and gas motor models in the FCA line is the Chrysler Pacifica, the latter of which is 657 pounds heavier. If anything near this additional weight is added to the JL then it is going to be pretty heavy.

I have no personal experience on either, but autoblog.com shows the 4-door JL being only 72 pounds lighter than the 4-door JK. Though not expressed in my post, my qualification as "heavy" was in relation to TJ and LJ Rubicons which are listed as 706 and 472 pounds lighter than the 4-door JL. A Chrysler Pacifica plug-in battery weighs 500 pounds so I imagine the JL battery may be in that ballpark.

So, I am curious how much the plug-in hybrid JL ends up weighing.

A similar comparison of weight between plug-in hybrid and gas motor models in the FCA line is the Chrysler Pacifica, the latter of which is 657 pounds heavier. If anything near this additional weight is added to the JL then it is going to be pretty heavy.

I have no personal experience on either, but autoblog.com shows the 4-door JL being only 72 pounds lighter than the 4-door JK. Though not expressed in my post, my qualification as "heavy" was in relation to TJ and LJ Rubicons which are listed as 706 and 472 pounds lighter than the 4-door JL. A Chrysler Pacifica plug-in battery weighs 500 pounds so I imagine the JL battery may be in that ballpark.

So, I am curious how much the plug-in hybrid JL ends up weighing.
They may be heavier than a tj/lj but they have more hp/tq including the 4 cylinder turbo, and now 8 speed transmissions. I’ve read little, but what u did read, the two electric motors and turbo 4 cylinder have more power than a HEMI. Not my thing, but definitely Innovating.
I think the 100% electric motor swaps on wrangler platforms in Europe are cool.

They may be heavier than a tj/lj but they have more hp/tq including the 4 cylinder turbo, and now 8 speed transmissions. I’ve read little, but what u did read, the two electric motors and turbo 4 cylinder have more power than a HEMI. Not my thing, but definitely Innovating.
I think the 100% electric motor swaps on wrangler platforms in Europe are cool.
Don't get me wrong, I think it is very intriguing. Considering the number of Jeeps I see around town that are built to take on anything, yet take on nothing 😁 , I think it will be a winner. Clearly people are not afraid to pay $50K+ on a Jeep so I see no reason they won't spend more for the extra street performance.

My concern about weight was more for the trail than the street.

Even at 35 mpg... thats more than double what I currently get.

Glad to see that offroading has a future, since california gas prices will only get worse.

Currently gas is in the low $3..... and thats good for Calif.
a large portion of CA gas prices is tax (federal, state local) these days.... and yes $3 bucks is good..... in inflation adjusted terms its cheaper than it was in the 1920's and early 1980's. Over here in AZ I'm seeing $2.25 to $2.40 depending on the city.

Reactions: Chris
Sorry, but I could not get past the BLM add at the top of the page to even read the article

they have an active campaign to put adds on all social media and forum platforms currently. Every time I come here I see an Amazon add. If you go from here to Amazon a few times it should change the add.

Found the answer to my question ... the plug-in hybrid will add 500 pounds to the weight of the vehicle. Aluminum skids and bumpers are looking more attractive than ever (y)

I used to have one of those Suzukis in the Caribbean and that thing went everywhere.
30" water crossing?

Picture 1.jpg

Picture 2.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Ephry73
Not as drastic, but damn it does rain hard. I remember one outing night in which there were ten of us in the suk. Some "hitchhiker" sitting on the spare in the back(yes full spare)

Reactions: HardSell