Jeep TJ Fuel tank

Prometheus

Hey Guys, I just got back from moab and had a blast. However I did smack my gas tank good on top of the world. It cracked the plastic piece that connects the fill spout to the tank.

My quick question is this, I have a 2004 tj sport. I know things changed a bit in the 2003-2006 models compared to the previous ones. What years fuel tanks are compatible with each other? The aftermarket for fuel tanks doesnt have much unless I want to go crazy and drop 1k. I'm just looking to pick an old one up cheap and swap it.

Also it was totally worth it, heres a picture of me up there!

top of the world.jpg

Reactions: Fishtaco
I have a complete fuel tank from a 05 Rubicon that I pulled a couple years ago that I'd sell if you want to drive to TN and pick it up

Thanks guys. I've never heard of davys but it appears they are in ohio where I am. About a 3 hour and 40 min drive though. I'll check with them

Sucks, dude, with me 5 min away from you. I have my 05 tank I took out to install my GR. How was Moab? I didn't know you were going. How many people went with you? Was it MOJO?

Sucks, dude, with me 5 min away from you. I have my 05 tank I took out to install my GR. How was Moab? I didn't know you were going. How many people went with you? Was it MOJO?
Yeah it was mojo, we had about 9 jeeps I think. Yeah i realized I'd never be ready for the one this forum was doing and then started prepping for theirs. It was amazing. Jeep did awesome just smacked the tank one to many times lol.

Here I am popping a wheelie on hells gate

GH010310_1627667386735.jpg