Jeep vibration

Jerry97

Okay so I got a 04 tj with 4.0 and auto in it.
It starts vibrating like crazy when I give it gas especially when going around 40 up a hill.
It has a 2.5in lift and sye on it already. The drive shaft seems to be tight. The universal joints seem to be good but could be bad? It just started doing it out of no where

Just a possible option to put out there. Check wheel weights. I’ve had them fall off and make things vibrate. Also rotate tires and see if it changes at all. Do a good inspection when you have the wheels off.

Reactions: Tomcat and Sancho
Out of balance tires tend to have a certain speed that causes a vibe. If it is that type of thing that only happens between certain speeds it's a good chance the wheel/tire balance is off. Try rotate tires front to back. See if that helps.

My buddy's jeep had some issues that caused me to lift his Jeep on jack stands (under the axles). When we put it in gear and we were checking things out we discovered his rear axle was slightly bent.

I agree with every post... Anything from a broken belt to a bent axle to a bent rotor to bad U-joints and anything that turns basically...or even a clutch shudder..

Try moving the wheels round or working the spare into the rotation and focus on that first.