Jeeps Parking Next To Other Jeeps

I like the look of all the old ones, don’t want one cause I can’t afford another project like that, but they had a certain style back then and a distinct lack of plastic.
I tell you the series 1 and 2 landrovers make our TJ's seems like a luxury vehicle.
* Leaf spring suspension
* Slide side windows (that always leak)
* No carpet or thin rubbers mats (echoes like the bat cave)
* and air conditioning comes with 2 long vents that open under the front window.

I spent many years bombing around the small country lanes in rural England in a couple.

Reactions: RussTJ and 1515art
One's obviously not a Jeep, but I do appreciate well-kept, old FJs

IMG_2040.PNG

I tell you the series 1 and 2 landrovers make our TJ's seems like a luxury vehicle.
* Leaf spring suspension
* Slide side windows (that always leak)
* No carpet or thin rubbers mats (echoes like the bat cave)
* and air conditioning comes with 2 long vents that open under the front window.

I spent many years bombing around the small country lanes in rural England in a couple.
Yep, and ain’t it great. Back long ago when I was in high school you could pick up old cars cheep and I’ve experienced everything you remember. I’d never trade the plush luxury of the tj and go back it’s just fond memories. I had two old English roadsters a 1960 Austin Healy 3000 paid $600 had 33K miles great condition, and I had a 1957 jaguar xk140 sports roadster had side curtains and fender skirts with big 17” disc wheels it had around 40K miles new engine paid $1500 and it was a beauty too. Side curtains leaked and water came up through the floor boards. In the summertime the heat coming off the engine and transmission would burn your leg through the tunnel cover and the engine was always overheating in the summer...cops hated me. The windows were fogged and the rear plastic window was always frosted and useless. I spent every weekend cleaning and syncing the 3 SU carbs. Drove it to lake berryessa one night from Saratoga Went 140 mph almost the whole way and the carpet on the floor boards ballooned up like a parachute. Car had a built in guardian angle as I should have died in it several times, but you learn a lot from the one that don’t kill ya.

Yep, and ain’t it great. Back long ago when I was in high school you could pick up old cars cheep and I’ve experienced everything you remember. I’d never trade the plush luxury of the tj and go back it’s just fond memories. I had two old English roadsters a 1960 Austin Healy 3000 paid $600 had 33K miles great condition, and I had a 1957 jaguar xk140 sports roadster had side curtains and fender skirts with big 17” disc wheels it had around 40K miles new engine paid $1500 and it was a beauty too. Side curtains leaked and water came up through the floor boards. In the summertime the heat coming off the engine and transmission would burn your leg through the tunnel cover and the engine was always overheating in the summer...cops hated me. The windows were fogged and the rear plastic window was always frosted and useless. I spent every weekend cleaning and syncing the 3 SU carbs. Drove it to lake berryessa one night from Saratoga Went 140 mph almost the whole way and the carpet on the floor boards ballooned up like a parachute. Car had a built in guardian angle as I should have died in it several times, but you learn a lot from the one that don’t kill ya.
haha love it...yeah I learnt all my driving (cough cough) skills in my 1962 Triumph herald...sooooo many issues with it but that thing had 'soul'

Reactions: RussTJ and 1515art
I bet you wish you had those cars now?...the resale is insane! I still love the English cars, had a spitfire now a super nice TR6, I might find my way into a Bugeye at some point.

Reactions: 1515art and Kiwi TJ
I bet you wish you had those cars now?...the resale is insane! I still love the English cars, had a spitfire now a super nice TR6, I might find my way into a Bugeye at some point.
Makes me a little sick actually, sold them both for around 5K, also sold a little 1929 triumph super 7 that needed restoration and a 1936 cord phaeton that also needed restoration. Dumped the cord it was almost complete in parts for 10K and only got around $1500 for the triumph this was back in 1977 and I’ve regretted every day since.

From Saratoga? As in, Saratoga Springs, New York?

Reactions: 1515art
From Saratoga? As in, Saratoga Springs, New York?
Named after Saratoga springs, new york. Saratoga California at the foothills of the Santa Cruz mountains we have a mineral spring and it was a resort in the 1800’s was a mini NY type spa in the sticks.

Reactions: Squatch