Jeeps Parking Next To Other Jeeps

Not a Jeep, but here's my Jeep next to my Dads Toyota pickup
D4091F82-3838-4E8E-9AC7-326F30D59C70.jpeg

Mine's the Sexy one on the right

I couldn’t drive up to park next to it, but I found this old CJ in a barn west of Austin, Texas.

View attachment 289863

View attachment 289864
Actually, upon closer inspection of my pics, the wheels & door openings looked a little strange to me. I would have thought it might have been a “Mutt”, a Viet Nam era Jeep which wasn’t really a Jeep at all except that it has the classic 7 slot grill & CJ (non-military) headlights. I should have taken a pic of the front.
After doing a little research, I think it might be a very early DJ. What do y’all think?

4ACC9CC5-6AFF-4270-B86D-58C26887DA9C.jpeg

Actually, upon closer inspection of my pics, the wheels & door openings looked a little strange to me. I would have thought it might have been a “Mutt”, a Viet Nam era Jeep which wasn’t really a Jeep at all except that it has the classic 7 slot grill & CJ (non-military) headlights. I should have taken a pic of the front.
After doing a little research, I think it might be a very early DJ. What do y’all think?

View attachment 290219
I think you might be on to something...

I’ve been driving by this ratty old YJ that’s parked at a business near my home for a couple of years now so I finally decided to stop & get a pic. It doesn’t look too good & has a very questionable home built kind of lift. ☺️

View attachment 275230
I loved my YJ and was never bothered by the square headlights. I actually prefer the leaf spring suspension over the TJ's. mine rusted out beyond repair, but if I could have found another one in excellent condition I would have bought it. I am beginning to love my TJ, and have been working out the usual bugs. The newer models in my mind are yuppie Jeep's. Too many comforts, and most in my area that have been customized are mall crawlers.

Reactions: John Cooper
I couldn’t drive up to park next to it, but I found this old CJ in a barn west of Austin, Texas.

View attachment 289863

View attachment 289864
That looks like an M151 Mutt wheel on the rear there

View attachment 290219
It certainly looks like a Mutt rear wheel, but that's no Mutt. DJ? Perhaps! I've never seen one without a top on it.

Reactions: Mudflat