Colorado Krew Hangout

Check out what we dug up today here in Telluride

20200806_132048.jpg

Reactions: Vasq and jjvw
I was hoping technology would win here, but it definitely did not. Maybe a pic from another angle would fit the model better - but this is what my image recognition program said:

* Rubble
* Road (gravel, dirt road)
* Ground
* Slate
* Fungus

🤣

Reactions: DrDmoney
I was hoping technology would win here, but it definitely did not. Maybe a pic from another angle would fit the model better - but this is what my image recognition program said:

* Rubble
* Road (gravel, dirt road)
* Ground
* Slate
* Fungus

🤣
Looks like the spokes were cut off flush to the hub
https://images.app.goo.gl/TVavM8LkZD3jLhuz5

Reactions: rasband
I feel like Newt from The Big Green. "I found part of a tail pipe, and an old shoe!"

Amish winch? imagine the crap yall could find with a metal detector. i wouldn't go diggin up the mountain top but bet there's plenty of cool crap just under the dust.

hope that's not on/in the trail.

Valley floor just west of Telluride. We have a big river restoration project going on

Reactions: Alex01
Swapped the oil pressure sensor on my wife's KL this morning. Apparently they're known for failing early, though this one lasted 75k miles.

20200817_113041.jpg

20200817_113033.jpg

Reactions: rasband and Alex01
I'm still a novice mechanic, but I was proud of myself for replacing the upper oil pressure sensor in my daughter's '08 CR-v. CEL came on and it went into limp mode (RPM limited to ~2700). There was only one code which happened to have an entry on NHTSA with the manufacturer's official TSB: part number, diagram, instructions.

It was pretty easy to access and replace, but I did have to add some new wobbly socket extensions to my tool collection.

Now I'm trying to track down her next complaint: fuel economy is down. I think it has some power loss as well, and I've noticed a mild shudder around 40mph, right before the AT shifts. The shudder seems to recur around 70mph, but only occurs with throttle applied.

It has new OEM spark plugs (the old ones looked clean), I think the CV shafts have acceptable play, no more CEL to suggest misfire. I thought exhaust might be clogged (there is some rust on the outside of the cat), but I wonder if a failing torque converter could explain everything. The fluid was neglected by the PO; I've changed it twice in the past year.

Could a torque converter cause loss of mpg?

I hate automatic transmissions...