jkowitz Build Thread

Welcome aboard! I too enjoy the videos. There is a TON of knowledge on this forum! Our Jeeps end up being as unique as the ones who are building them. Style, price, availability, etc all wind up being factors when selecting upgrades.

This is why we love this "sport" !!

Reactions: DrDmoney
Hey just found this thread! Sorry I don't get on here much, I've been busy the last few weeks. I see a lot of different views and opinions on the build and I honestly like the input everyone has chipped in. To answer a few questions I've seen: I've paid for about everything we have installed on the Jeep so far besides the KC lights, yes I plan on going 35's and i don't expect it to drive perfect without putting some work into it, for the lift I ended up going with something a little more cost effective for the mean time but am very interested in the savvy suspensions. I'm very excited to build up my TJ as I've been dreaming about it for so long. I'll definitely be coming here for some advice I'll need in the future!!

Give this forum a shout out one time ! 😎

Reactions: DrDmoney
Give this forum a shout out one time ! 😎
We are just a bunch of keyboard warriors, as some might say.
45F25D38-4661-497E-961D-20BC970F2B42.gif

Hey just found this thread! Sorry I don't get on here much, I've been busy the last few weeks. I see a lot of different views and opinions on the build and I honestly like the input everyone has chipped in. To answer a few questions I've seen: I've paid for about everything we have installed on the Jeep so far besides the KC lights, yes I plan on going 35's and i don't expect it to drive perfect without putting some work into it, for the lift I ended up going with something a little more cost effective for the mean time but am very interested in the savvy suspensions. I'm very excited to build up my TJ as I've been dreaming about it for so long. I'll definitely be coming here for some advice I'll need in the future!!
The best TJ knowledge and experience on the planet hangs out here on thia forum. You're in the right place and have access to an invaluable resource.

Once the pad meets the air bump, it still has some up travel left in it. Air bumps are a little different than the factory type OEM jounce bumps.

All we can do is speculate and guess, but it appears that Just between the landing and the air bump, there is about 3-4 inches, no?

I’m not familiar enough to know the JK setup too well, if that’s an air bump you’re probably right. Gauging without any reason seems 2-3” to me, but yeah - it’s all guesswork.

I think I’ve seen all their videos and don’t recall the specifics of the build if he shared it (beyond the “icon vehicle dynamics suspension” if I recall). Not a big deal, whatever it is - seems to meet his needs well. I bet even more so since the slim down.

What makes you say that? How do you know it wont fit? I dont understand, isn't his dad’s Jeeps on taller tires?

Well, it could be the camera angle, but after he installed the roof rack and backed the jeep out, it didn't look like there was a lot of room with the garage door. hope I'm wrong.