JL Motor Options

T_Hase89

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Anyone here own or have driven the new Turbo 4 JL? I’ve owned a 3.6 JKU and loved it but curious about the other alternative. I know the diesel is coming (4 door only..) but don’t want to pay the premium as I’m seriously considering a 2 door JLR as my next jeep. Keep it stock and just enjoy it and stay away from the my tire is bigger than yours mind set

Reactions: Starrs
Anyone here own or have driven the new Turbo 4 JL? I’ve owned a 3.6 JKU and loved it but curious about the other alternative. I know the diesel is coming (4 door only..) but don’t want to pay the premium as I’m seriously considering a 2 door JLR as my next jeep. Keep it stock and just enjoy it and stay away from the my tire is bigger than yours mind set
The 2.0 is quite peppy, and the 3.6 is tried and true. Can’t go wrong with either I wouldn’t think. I haven’t read of any issues with the 2.0 yet, but it’s only been 2 model years now. 2 door JLR would be nice

D52E0CAF-4997-4D9E-B892-4CB3B74F7F84.png

• Love
Reactions: T_Hase89
The 3.6 JL is what we bought. Tried and true engine. As the old saying goes....there is no replacement for displacement.

I drove a mostly stock JL 4Door Sahara with the 2.0 and was really impressed. It really got up and boogied when i got into it.

Reactions: T_Hase89
I drove a couple with a hard top and found them to be nice and quiet. I have heard of some people having issues though.
Yeah it seems strange some people say it sounds like a hurricane and others whisper quiet.

Wonder if it’s a quality control problem?

Thanks for the feedback. I’ve read some info on the hard top / noise issues along with the other problems and will be mindful of that when the time comes.

As much as I love my TJ, starting over with a zero mile Jeep that I can do with what I want (I should of bought a stock TJ) sounds appealing. Build me a nice off road trailer for off road / camping / hunting and go on a cross country trip. No a chance in hell I’d do that in my 208k TJ without going through every nut , bolt and part on it lol