JP magazine discontinued

I used to get that magazine years ago. Though I cant quite remember the contents, I picture them being like any other magazine in a waiting room; nothing but ads. Was that not the case with JP?

It is a little sad, but the world changes. I'm actually only surprised that they held out as long as they did.

Well, the printed world is changing ..look what you are reading this on right now . That's what is happening.

We live in a time where technology can make entire industries obsolete ...we had a family in north Alabama that made a mint making inner tubes for the Army. They weren't real happy about tubeless tires .

You have to know the business you are in . Railroads are nearly non-existent , because they didn't focus on what they were really doing ..moving products and people . Now they only haul what can't be done any other way basically .

JP is not in the magazine business, but in the business of producing informative articles for Jeep enthusiasts and selling ads to fund the work ..as long as the figure out how to do that , they will be fine.

I recently noticed the magazine section at Walmart shrank 75 percent , but the electronics department didn't . This trend won't reverse.

Well, the printed world is changing ..look what you are reading this on right now . That's what is happening.

I recently noticed the magazine section at Walmart shrank 75 percent , but the electronics department didn't . This trend won't reverse.

As is retail. Brick and mortar stores losing ground to internet sales.

Reactions: AndyG
I used to print all the Auto Trader magazines, and all the boat, airplane, motorcycle publication's. Same thing happened with all the "For Rent" magazines, the owners gradually put everything on line and closed a bunch of printing plants. A lot of people lost their jobs. Life and times.

I used to get a bunch of motorcycle magazines, but left my subscriptions lapse. It was a lot of wash, rinse, repeat. The number of articles on the same subject was tiresome, and the tests of the new models seemed like I was reading the manufacturer's sales brochure. An to top it off, the restyled the attract younger readers, but the font was smaller and harder for my old eyes to read.

Did JP do something similar?

Used to be my favorite, it inspired my vanity plate.
DSC_0059_2.jpeg

I used to print all the Auto Trader magazines, and all the boat, airplane, motorcycle publication's. Same thing happened with all the "For Rent" magazines, the owners gradually put everything on line and closed a bunch of printing plants. A lot of people lost their jobs. Life and times.
Remember when Auto Trader was Piston & Rudder? That's going back a ways...

Reactions: Tomcat and Chris