Keychain Delivered

who does it belong too?

I have no idea if he is member here or not actually. Saw a post on FB group asking about swapping auto to manual reached out said hey I want to do opposite only to find out same year, both have Savvy tuck and not that far from one another. Few conversations later his Jeep is at @LJonloan shop.

@LJonloan shop looks damn good. Too bad all three are having some sort of work done on them and of course black LJ isn’t ours.

IMG_3445.jpeg

Guess is no turning back now. First causality found. Is this piece really almost $200?

IMG_3281.jpeg

IMG_3283.jpeg

IMG_3284.jpeg

Reactions: Wildman
Reactions: Apparition
@JMT these are correct parts for splicing the harness right. The joys of buying harness from salvage yard. But overall good shape only like 3 spots that need attention and of course some loom.

IMG_3459.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: JMT
Transmission out cleaned up, RMS and oil pan gasket changed on my LJ so it is off the lift for now.

IMG_3471.jpeg

IMG_3473.jpeg

IMG_3472.jpeg

IMG_3474.jpeg

Time for tear down on this LJ to begin so 6spd can get stuffed into it.

IMG_3470.jpeg

Reactions: Wildman and JMT
Something looks familiar. Unsolicited advice. Let that anaerobic RMS sealant cure 24 hrs.

Right now it got rolled outside while auto gets pulled, manual stuffed in that LJ and buttoned up. So it should have plenty of time.

• Love
IMG_3343.jpeg

IMG_3344.jpeg

So put the auto LJ on lift to start process and found this. Some missing, some clearly not right. What is the recommended fix here? Link to product or thread greatly appreciated.

• Wow
View attachment 505994

View attachment 505996

So put the auto LJ on lift to start process and found this. Some missing, some clearly not right. What is the recommended fix here? Link to product or thread greatly appreciated.
Bolts:

https://www.mcmaster.com/products/b...16-stainless-steel-phillips-flat-head-screws/

scroll down and choose 5/16-18 in 1"

Nuts:

https://www.mcmaster.com/products/locknuts/material~316-stainless-steel/flange-nuts~/

choose 5/16-18

Make sure they are tight. They should hold, but I ended up using blue loctite on mine.

TY Is there a good tool to use, @LJonloan said had trouble getting them right when i stalled mine and couple were backing out.

No special tool. I put them all in and get them started, then tighten them down. Otherwise you can have trouble lining the others up. 1/2" wrench on top and a 1/2" socket on the bottom. I use the drill with the 1/2" socket first to get them snugged up. Then hand tighten them with a 1/2" socket wrench.

p.s. I haven't re-installed my skid, but it's on the docket today. I've been waiting to ensure no leaks. Now that I'm leak free it's time to put it back on.

You guys are doing good work. Keep it up!

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
Well damn there is something satisfying about buying new tools 😀

I write posts, ask questions and spend money but @LJonloan does all the work. Dude is repairing his RZR, going through older Silverado to make sure is road worthy for his son, I think working on a race quad and took on this swap. I mean he lucked out with me as older brother but pretty sure I get better end of this deal.

• Wow
Well damn the black LJ has small but apparent RMS leak. No better time to address it than now I guess. Simple transmission swap LOL

• Haha
Don't believe I have the right tool for the job here. I got both transmissions out and the pilot bearing but need to replace the crank bushing. I have a blind bearing puller but can not get it to lock had enough to get it to budge. What tool do i need. Thought about welding a nut to it but my welder is inop at the moment.

20240228_201905.jpg

Don't believe I have the right tool for the job here. I got both transmissions out and the pilot bearing but need to replace the crank bushing. I have a blind bearing puller but can not get it to lock had enough to get it to budge. What tool do i need. Thought about welding a nut to it but my welder is inop at the moment.

View attachment 506364

Grease and a tight fitting punch. I welded a nut to mine. It was Spain in the ass. Maybe @mrblaine will post another picture of the tool he uses. It’s pretty slick.

Grease and a tight fitting punch. I welded a nut to mine. It was Spain in the ass. Maybe @mrblaine will post another picture of the tool he uses. It’s pretty slick.

I have the pilot bearing out but now need to get the bushing out. You think the bread trick will work with the bushing too? I'll have to hunt for a pretty large bolt to push it out.

I have the pilot bearing out but now need to get the bushing out. You think the bread trick will work with the bushing too? I'll have to hunt for a pretty large bolt to push it out.

Yeah, If you can get something that fits tight enough, the grease will push it out. Its a pain...I tried my blind puller and the bushing broke away. I think its some sort of powdered metal. A nut works well, because you can use a bolt to push on the crank and pull the bushing. Maybe some JB weld on the nut and epoxy the two together? Drill and tap couple small holes in it and use like a fully threaded number 6 screw?