Keychain Delivered

I wish I could get them uncoated so we could send a batch out for powder coat after the soldering.

I assume a quick wire brush to remove Midwest brown and then black rattle can won’t hurt anything? Is paint even needed on inside?

I trust the lip balm holder matches at least one of the colors on that silly gauge.

From looking at ad photo I would say you matched the green rather well. Alas, all your work color matching and I will be running it on blue 😉

IMG_3436.jpeg

Reactions: Wildman
The 42RLE donor has arrived. @LJonloan has started looking things over which means is probably time for the questions to
The 42RLE donor has arrived. @LJonloan has started looking things over which means is probably time for the questions to start.

View attachment 499604
The manual LJ does not have the AOD harness behind the hvac controls. I assume this means I must pull the dash. Is there another way to adapt the harness to accept the AOD.

Yeah however he posted question was rather hidden. TY for pulling it out.

Dash on my LJ was always coming out I believe. But as donor both is rubicon and has nice cage, hardtop that would rather not mess with wondering if can adapt my harness. Or better just to find ‘05 auto harness purchase to use?

Yeah however he posted question was rather hidden. TY for pulling it out.

Dash on my LJ was always coming out I believe. But as donor both is rubicon and has nice cage, hardtop that would rather not mess with wondering if can adapt my harness. Or better just to find ‘05 auto harness purchase to use?

The OD and the locker switches share the same harness, so you'll probably need to buy one with the OD connector and circuits already installed.

@JMT aren’t you in process of swap from 6spd to auto? If so, have you bought harnesses already? We will be pulling a Rubicon auto engine harness and will need 6spd Rubison engine harness. Maybe we can work out swap or if you already have the auto harness can buy 6spd harness you removed.

@Mike_H @Jamison C @jjvw so just running list of anyone I recall did auto swap recently. We lined up two LJs to do swap without realizing one is a Rubicon. So if any of you removed PCM, engine harness from an 05-06 Rubicon 6spd that want to get off your shelf please let me know.

@JMT aren’t you in process of swap from 6spd to auto? If so, have you bought harnesses already? We will be pulling a Rubicon auto engine harness and will need 6spd Rubison engine harness. Maybe we can work out swap or if you already have the auto harness can buy 6spd harness you removed.

Yes, I'm in that process now.

I will be removing my NSG370 harness within two weeks.

Just so you know what I have. It is not a Rubicon. My engine harness does not have cruise control. The locker switches are on the dash harness, which is separate, so if you have that you should be good there.

I think Jamison is the only one above who had a Rubicon with the NSG370

All I have is my original 2003 Rubicon engine harness for a nv3550.

@Mike_H @Jamison C @jjvw so just running list of anyone I recall did auto swap recently. We lined up two LJs to do swap without realizing one is a Rubicon. So if any of you removed PCM, engine harness from an 05-06 Rubicon 6spd that want to get off your shelf please let me know.

I sold everything from my swap to someone wanting to go auto to manual. I don’t think I have any spare parts left.

Well damn looks like may strike out here but appreciate the quick responses. Have found guy in TN who parts Jeeps may have everything I need. Of course he also wants a right leg and perhaps kidney in return.

• Sad
Reactions: mrblaine

I didn’t have to change my dash harness and my engine harness is from an 04. It is a rubicon though. Not sure if it would be worth the work of tracking down all the differences.

I bought my auto harness from a guy on Facebook in Wisconsin. Hunter kazlowski or something…

Here is his name,
hunter kaszolka

Pretty good prices

I didn’t have to change my dash harness and my engine harness is from an 04. It is a rubicon though. Not sure if it would be worth the work of tracking down all the differences.

I bought my auto harness from a guy on Facebook in Wisconsin. Hunter kazlowski or something…

Here is his name,
hunter kaszolka

Pretty good prices

His donor is a Rubi auto. These are the 05-06 genre so they have more options in harnesses for some reason that previous. Very few of the 03-04 don't have the OD off switch stored in the bezel in the manual rigs. I have not seen the same in the 05-06 yet.

He doesn't need to swap the dash harness in the Rubi auto donor, he'll just have to add a wire from the clutch safety switch to the PCM to complete the NSS circuit. That and he doesn't want to pull the cage which can be a monster PITA.

He does need the Rubi manual harness to put back and get the locker pump wiring and air lines. His Sport doesn't have that so swapping in his manual harness would require some stripping of the locker stuff out and then checking it to make sure something isn't missing. I am 99% sure that the Rubi harness out of the auto will work in the Sport though. There will just be some unused locker and locker pump bits.

His donor is a Rubi auto. These are the 05-06 genre so they have more options in harnesses for some reason that previous. Very few of the 03-04 don't have the OD off switch stored in the bezel in the manual rigs. I have not seen the same in the 05-06 yet.

He doesn't need to swap the dash harness in the Rubi auto donor, he'll just have to add a wire from the clutch safety switch to the PCM to complete the NSS circuit. That and he doesn't want to pull the cage which can be a monster PITA.

He does need the Rubi manual harness to put back and get the locker pump wiring and air lines. His Sport doesn't have that so swapping in his manual harness would require some stripping of the locker stuff out and then checking it to make sure something isn't missing. I am 99% sure that the Rubi harness out of the auto will work in the Sport though. There will just be some unused locker and locker pump bits.

so, he could use my leftover harness for the parts he needs to convert his sport harness to work with the rubicon?

First thank you for taking time to talk with my brother. Heard you had to school him on left vs right. Was a lot of info so he wasn’t sure if got it all down correctly in his notes. Was going to be putting together an email to confirm with you but if you don’t mind doing that here so anyone can use your knowledge.

Is following correct?

I for sure need 05-06 Rubicon manual engine harness Might be able to swap bits around but if can find at reasonable price seems easier

I need 05-06 auto dash harness as won’t be pulling the dash harness buried under PS cage

I can use the engine harness from the 05 Rubicon auto just may have a few rubicon specific connectors to hide ?

What about chassis harness, does anything need to be done there?

Oh and please let me know when get envelope just so I know made it into right hands.