Kim's 99 Jeep Wrangler Build Thread

I have a Silhouette Cameo. I make my own T Shirts too. :D Love the heat transfer stuff they have now. I want to try the newer stuff that is supposedly stretchable. Just haven't got around to purchasing it yet. LOL

I do make stickers to sell, but I only sell them at the VW Swap meets. So mainly VW related. LOL I probably paid for my machine now, but can't say exactly what I have made, never counted it. LOL I do it more for fun, and myself. LOL

How much would T-shirt’s or work out shirts w/ custom logos or such cost to do? I assume just uses a program or some type of graphic file to print the image to the “heat transfer stuff” ... so not stretchable means it cracks/peels easily?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much would T-shirt’s or work out shirts w/ custom logos or such cost to do? I assume just uses a program or some type of graphic file to print the image to the “heat transfer stuff” ... so not stretchable means it cracks/peels easily?

You know, I don't know what one would charge to do it. I sell my shirts for around 10-15 bucks. I only made a few and sell them at the VW events. I don't do it for a business type deal. I don't think that is to fun. LOL Also, I only have a small heat press. It belonged to my Mom who used to press her shirts. I would love to get a normal heat press as those are bigger and would be able to handle bigger designs. :D

As far as the non stretchable. It holds up pretty good. I do see some cracking in the finer lines in some of my shirts that have gone through about a year of washings, but other then that, it is still good. I just want to see if the stretchable does even better.

Yes, the Cameo comes with software to do it all. I do a lot of coping and modifying of designs. I get most my stuff from the web. I am not a designer when it comes to making up my own things. LOL That is another reason I don't sell stuff besides at VW events. :D

Oh, and I get my T shirts to sell at a local swap meet that goes on every weekend. They usually sell them for 3 for 10 bucks. Other then that, I also get some from Walmart. Love their long sleeve shirts. :D

Just thought I'd do an update.

As some may have seen, I installed some recovery hooks that I found in hubby's stash. :D

fullsizeoutput_339f_zpsptnf4ghf.jpg

fullsizeoutput_339d_zpsargi6n1o.jpg

I also bought a spare tire cover and put that on.

fullsizeoutput_33a3_zpsgmeubbrk.jpg

Then today I had hubby's help with installing the bull bar. I'm still up in the air if I like it or not. LOL (No, the color is not what is my concern, LOL) I still need to put the LED light bar back on the bull bar so maybe once that is on there I will like it more. It just looks kind of big to me. It is totally for looks as it is only held on with some L brackets that my hubby made. They are thick though, just not for pulling or pushing. LOL

zNqtPwtdQheArKth27MA_zpseisqdcws.jpg

Y7KYZU7LQo6xQyaNVagzew_zps38aalvg8.jpg

Once the light is on, you won't see the top of the license plate and it will help fill in the hole.

We also took the rear seat out.

1RCBWSxRnmb9wsbesAkIw_zpsghuxyxkk.jpg

Now I have a ton or room. LOL Just need to work on building a box with a drawer.

We also fixed my tail gate. I thought it was needing the stud on the body side adjusted, but hubby lubed the latch on the tailgate and tightened some loose screws and it works 100% better. I can now open with ease.

I'll update once I get the light bar on.

Did you have this stuff powder coated purple? I assume it didn't come that way.

Did you have this stuff powder coated purple? I assume it didn't come that way.

No, I am painting it with Krylon paint. I screwed up on the bull bar though and I didn't primer it first, just sanded the black powder coating a bit and shot it with purple. It comes off pretty easy. I need to touch up the bar again, but it was to windy out today, of course. LOL

Reactions: Chris
I forgot I have some pics on Photobucket. :D

We modified it. Took the bunk beds out and converted it to have a table. That way we can leave the bed (where the table is normally at) a bed. I also have a porta potty stashed under the seat up front. :D

View attachment 72056

It's nice to see another fibreglass trailer here. I dragged home a 1986 Cadet last fall and it's been a fun project. There's lots to do yet but it's coming along. I'm almost finished my expedition trailer and am well into this one now.

Are you on the fibreglass RV forum? http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/search.php?searchid=4962361

18-07-11 1 - Copy.JPG

Just thought I'd do an update.

As some may have seen, I installed some recovery hooks that I found in hubby's stash. :D

View attachment 73499

View attachment 73500

I also bought a spare tire cover and put that on.

View attachment 73501

Then today I had hubby's help with installing the bull bar. I'm still up in the air if I like it or not. LOL (No, the color is not what is my concern, LOL) I still need to put the LED light bar back on the bull bar so maybe once that is on there I will like it more. It just looks kind of big to me. It is totally for looks as it is only held on with some L brackets that my hubby made. They are thick though, just not for pulling or pushing. LOL

View attachment 73502

View attachment 73503

Once the light is on, you won't see the top of the license plate and it will help fill in the hole.

We also took the rear seat out.

View attachment 73504

Now I have a ton or room. LOL Just need to work on building a box with a drawer.

We also fixed my tail gate. I thought it was needing the stud on the body side adjusted, but hubby lubed the latch on the tailgate and tightened some loose screws and it works 100% better. I can now open with ease.

I'll update once I get the light bar on.

So you are allowed to have a required front LPlate not showing?

So you are allowed to have a required front LPlate not showing?

Shhhhh, LOL. No, I need to move it to the bar. The chrome part of the bar has the holes in it to put the plate on. I ran it on my Liberty with the plate hidden and passed a few cops and never got pulled over, but I know it will be just a matter of time. I just like it better with no plate on it. :D

You know, I don't know what one would charge to do it. I sell my shirts for around 10-15 bucks. I only made a few and sell them at the VW events. I don't do it for a business type deal. I don't think that is to fun. LOL Also, I only have a small heat press. It belonged to my Mom who used to press her shirts. I would love to get a normal heat press as those are bigger and would be able to handle bigger designs. :D

As far as the non stretchable. It holds up pretty good. I do see some cracking in the finer lines in some of my shirts that have gone through about a year of washings, but other then that, it is still good. I just want to see if the stretchable does even better.

Yes, the Cameo comes with software to do it all. I do a lot of coping and modifying of designs. I get most my stuff from the web. I am not a designer when it comes to making up my own things. LOL That is another reason I don't sell stuff besides at VW events. :D

Oh, and I get my T shirts to sell at a local swap meet that goes on every weekend. They usually sell them for 3 for 10 bucks. Other then that, I also get some from Walmart. Love their long sleeve shirts. :D

Sounds like you have this down pat. So why not the Cricut? From my research you are limited to the software/designs w/ Cameo if you don’t pay extra

You'll have to let me know when you post something on it so I can follow your progress. :D

Will do. I have so many projects on the go it may be a while! Today I was making a new door latch/lock out of Leer truck topper parts. I was welding new aluminum window frames for it on the weekend. I knew NOTHING about fibreglass before I started this. Thankfully I've learned that it's not as itchy as I thought it would be. Never a dull day ... which is good. ha ha.

Last edited:
Reactions: KimsJeep
Sounds like you have this down pat. So why not the Cricut? From my research you are limited to the software/designs w/ Cameo if you don’t pay extra

I found the Cameo and liked it. I think it was the first thing to come up when I searched google for a vinyl cutter. I'm probably limited but I don't do much anyway, besides copy and tracing. LOL

Reactions: AgentStocks_03-TJ
Shhhhh, LOL. No, I need to move it to the bar. The chrome part of the bar has the holes in it to put the plate on. I ran it on my Liberty with the plate hidden and passed a few cops and never got pulled over, but I know it will be just a matter of time. I just like it better with no plate on it. :D

Ha ha I agree... however being in a single plate state, wasn’t sure how much they enforce it

Sheewwww, got the light bar installed today. That took almost all morning/afternoon. LOL It is on though and it even works. :D

Ignore the dirt on the dash panel, didn't realize it was that dirty till I looked at the pic. LOL I used a Dremel on the panel where the switches go to make my switch fit. Didn't take to much off, and if fit nice and snug. I just did't realize how much of an angle it was at till I put it all back together. Oh well, still works. I ran a wire toward the fuse panel so all I need to do when my wire tap comes in the mail tomorrow is pull the glove box and connect that wire to the lights so that way the bottom light of the switch will come on when I turn the lights on. :D

fZUXa2OuR4akQqBCK6Rrg_zpscuvi2rb9.jpg

EiDNMtsaQRCJ91extKb88Q_zpszxa5u9i8.jpg

UryHCMa6QyKBkevhcyfsA_zpsy3wqmwm2.jpg

s0190t3fTPuZnVEODT8A_zps12dvmk4a.jpg

I may end up turning the brackets around on the light so it sits closer to the grille. Right not it actually sticks out a little from the bar itself. I think it would be better being somewhat protected by the bar instead of it getting hit first.

Hopefully my speakers get here tomorrow along with my wire taps, that way I can get the dash all tidied up and have a completely working switch and better sound.

Reactions: derekmac
Today has been a busy day for me. The sun finally has been coming out the last couple days and I have been itching to work on my Jeep. Got a lot done.

I started off installing some new speakers in the dash. I bought some adapter plates to mount 5 1/4 speakers, but I wish I would have bought the little box thingys you can get for them. Oh well, the sound is much better then it was before (speaker was bad). I still need to buy some for the sound bar, but for now those still work, just sound pretty bad when you turn it up loud. So no blasting the radio for now. :D

Then I got my wire tap fuse thingy and plugged my light bar switch into the radio fuse. I first tried the parking lights, but that kept the switches light on all the time. Going to the radio fuse, it shuts off when you turn the key off, comes on when it is running.

Next was the headlight guards. First thing was first, had to paint them purple. :D

U8rGpZM6SpGhv8t2vGEB4A_zpsvgcqz6sa.jpg

Then got them installed.

7cmADxc6RfaxmoPfg5nNDA_zpsekhmapvn.jpg

Looks a lot better than the angry eyes. :D

Before,

UryHCMa6QyKBkevhcyfsA_zpsy3wqmwm2.jpg

After,

LpLaSpyRTHe0Ggi697ig1w_zpsvqpyoywl.jpg

I also installed my Jeep windshield sticker. :D

A0ApN5rTCGaBZ8Y9ZU7Fg_zpsjv4prn59.jpg

It was getting warm, so I tried my AC, it didn't work. Hubby had a can of that stuff you can fill it yourself, so we filled it, but found out why it didn't work in the first place. Bad hose. The local AC place wants 85 bucks to rebuild that hose and that is with me taking it off. Local parts store can get me a new hose for 45 bucks plus about 15 in shipping. Rock auto has the same hose for 17 and some change. LOL I'll be ordering it. :D

tUoRf0RLT1a7zkfVNlyhTg_zpsp9gdz2h8.jpg

I also got my purple door and glove box straps. They look pink in the photo but they are purple of course. :D

IRywMHM1R4qa88eB9f0fqQ_zpsypzrjpja.jpg

I bought the stuff for a tune up. Plugs, cap, rotor. I forgot to get the wires. LOL I will go back tomorrow for those. I also got the filter and oil to do an oil change. Probably do that tomorrow too. For now I started with changing the cap and rotor. Currently waiting for the motor to cool off a bit then I will go do the plugs. The one by the AC compressor looks like it is going to be fun to get to. LOL

The old cap looks like it has seen better days. Kind of curious to see how it's going to run with a new one, specially after seeing what the old one looks like. Yikes!!! Look at all that build up.

I0KBSxVIQcCX8h4qPpRkLA_zpsmkwqhx3s.jpg

That is all for today. :D