Colorado Krew Hangout

I’m hoping to get up in the mountains in a couple weeks for a day drive. Obviously most trails are impassable this early, but are there any lower elevation trail recommendations within ~2 hours of Denver? Around Breck, Idaho Springs, or Fairplay maybe?

Think I'm running Bunce/Ironclads Monday if we can punch through, waiting on a report from a friend to see how deep it is still. More than welcome if you want in.Otherwise maybe just up Yankee hill. If you're off you're more than welcome. If you head south Gulches are usually clear ish year round. Rampart area is all closed for mud season

Above Idaho Springs going up Virginia Canyon Road is a large network of easy trails. A lot should be clear by now.

Is that "Oh my god road" or is there a different section out of there? Done the south side stuff, Barber and Devils loop but think those are gated?

Think I'm running Bunce/Ironclads Monday if we can punch through, waiting on a report from a friend to see how deep it is still. More than welcome if you want in.Otherwise maybe just up Yankee hill. If you're off you're more than welcome. If you head south Gulches are usually clear ish year round. Rampart area is all closed for mud season

I wont be in town until the following week. I’ll probably go up 5/13 or 5/14

You should still be able to drive through deckers and enter through rainbow falls, right? I thought they only really close the west entrances

Yeah pretty sure you can still get in that side. When ever I come in that way I end up on other side/West Creek area

I'm interested in the 25th but it is Memorial weekend and I'm not sure what our plans will be. I've never been wheeling on a holiday weekend. Are the tails as insanely busy as the roads, forest, and lakes?

Has anyone heard of this place or been here? It's only $20 to get in but seems like a weird concept with so much free terrain right there. Curious if it's worth it. Never been to an "off road park"
https://www.ramoffroadpark.com/

When I first got my jeep I asked about it too, I was told there's only a few hours worth of stuff in there?

It's definitely a lot harder to pay 20$ to go by the city to wheel when we have soo much public land out here but hell I'd be down if a group wanted to go

Reactions: inkedrose
When I first got my jeep I asked about it too, I was told there's only a few hours worth of stuff in there?

It's definitely a lot harder to pay 20$ to go by the city to wheel when we have soo much public land out here but hell I'd be down if a group wanted to go

A buddy Just told me about it. We're looking for somewhere to go this Monday that isn't burried in snow. Been seeing pics everything north of I70 is still socked in. Think might take your idea and drop in to Rainbow Falls

Reactions: lBasket
A buddy Just told me about it. We're looking for somewhere to go this Monday that isn't burried in snow. Been seeing pics everything north of I70 is still socked in. Think might take your idea and drop in to Rainbow Falls

The gulches are passable too as far as I know, I've gone down Hackett twice this year already

Has anyone heard of this place or been here? It's only $20 to get in but seems like a weird concept with so much free terrain right there. Curious if it's worth it. Never been to an "off road park"

I've rode dirt bikes there a few times but haven't taken the Jeep. It's more geared toward dirt bikes but I have seen a few vehicles. There was a group there once that appeared to be a class for winching and recovery. There are some sections I would imagine could be a little challenging but there isn't much there and I think it could get boring pretty quick. If you're close it could be a good place to teach a new off road driver, test out a new rig, or new components vs getting in trouble deep into a trail but I'm 20 min away and I wouldn't go for a day of wheeling.

I've rode dirt bikes there a few times but haven't taken the Jeep. It's more geared toward dirt bikes but I have seen a few vehicles. There was a group there once that appeared to be a class for winching and recovery. There are some sections I would imagine could be a little challenging but there isn't much there and I think it could get boring pretty quick. If you're close it could be a good place to teach a new off road driver, test out a new rig, or new components vs getting in trouble deep into a trail but I'm 20 min away and I wouldn't go for a day of wheeling.

That's what I was wondering. Thanks man
The gulches are passable too as far as I know, I've gone down Hackett twice this year already

I've run Hackett and Metberry couple times last few months. I like that whole Rule Ridge area, most is pretty mellow and not to many people.

The couple videos of RAM I have seen look like a bunch of lumpy roads on the Kansas side of Colorado. I can't think of a time I would have ever been interested in going there.

The couple videos of RAM I have seen look like a bunch of lumpy roads on the Kansas side of Colorado. I can't think of a time I would have ever been interested in going there.

As someone who grew up on the Colorado side of Kansas, I would agree with that.

I used to drive by it sometimes when I had to cut through that way for work on occasion, and it never really looked like much. That was a long time ago though.

This user on TrailsOffRoad tried Yankee Hill and Rainbow Road last week, for what it’s worth.

IMG_2707.jpeg

IMG_2708.jpeg

This user on TrailsOffRoad tried Yankee Hill and Rainbow Road last week, for what it’s worth.

View attachment 524102
View attachment 524103

Yeah I know you can't get over top. He came in from ST Marys side which is always last to clear. Central City side is pretty heavily traveled. Had someone tell me Rainbow is clear, try it Monday and update you. If nothing else run the Gulches again