Colorado Krew Hangout

This was the fix.
20210814_101116.jpg

The house we moved into was built in 85. It has what I assume is the original sprinkler control box. There is a valve box in the backyard so I replaced the vacuum breaker and fired the system up. 3 zones, and I could only find three heads that were broken or just trickled. I could never find another box for the front yard. Fast forward to a couple weeks ago and i replaced two freezeless outdoor wall faucets which required me to go in the crawlspace to turn the water off. I noticed thin wires leading to the north side of the house. Went outside and found the wire was cut at the wall. So there is a front system! Today mowing the lawn I found the other end of the cut wires barely poking out of a walkway.
20220528_115011.jpg

20220528_121107.jpg

I suspect the system froze in the past and the previous owners just left it. The backyard should be fairly easy to repair, I'll just cut the line at the valves and trench in new ones since the yard isn't so great anyway and clearly it's been landscaped over the old heads. The front might be a little harder, but looks like I have a project this summer

The house we moved into was built in 85. It has what I assume is the original sprinkler control box. There is a valve box in the backyard so I replaced the vacuum breaker and fired the system up. 3 zones, and I could only find three heads that were broken or just trickled. I could never find another box for the front yard. Fast forward to a couple weeks ago and i replaced two freezeless outdoor wall faucets which required me to go in the crawlspace to turn the water off. I noticed thin wires leading to the north side of the house. Went outside and found the wire was cut at the wall. So there is a front system! Today mowing the lawn I found the other end of the cut wires barely poking out of a walkway.
View attachment 333414
View attachment 333415

I suspect the system froze in the past and the previous owners just left it. The backyard should be fairly easy to repair, I'll just cut the line at the valves and trench in new ones since the yard isn't so great anyway and clearly it's been landscaped over the old heads. The front might be a little harder, but looks like I have a project this summer
The joys of home ownership!