Let's be careful out there

Does anyone know how far from civilization they were? I've been in some interesting situations on forest service roads but never once did staying in the Jeep for 5 days seem like a reasonable option. Unless I was a 50+ miles away from civilization, I'd think I'd have risked walking it out.

Glad snowmobilers eventually found them though.

Reactions: Bird
Does anyone know how far from civilization they were? I've been in some interesting situations on forest service roads but never once did staying in the Jeep for 5 days seem like a reasonable option. Unless I was a 50+ miles away from civilization, I'd think I'd have risked walking it out.

MNF is pretty remote in their defense, could have easily been 50+ miles of pretty difficult terrain especially in the snow.

When we wheel up there you often don’t see anyone else all day.

Reactions: jodomcfrodo

They must of been in northern Siberia. Wow
Glad they survived.

There's some pretty vicious snow piles in the parking lots out there too. I mean, this poor JK got stranded on a massive snow bank:

View attachment 82425
https://jalopnik.com/mall-crawling-just-got-too-real-for-this-poor-jeep-1833176472

If only they had lockers. 🤣

Could you imagine watching someone in a wrangler winching themselves off a snowbank in a parking lot!!

Edit: 🤯 Apparently there are 2wheel drive wranglers... that image is a travesty of true mall crawling with massive tires, a big lift, and being only ever able to run 2WD...

Last edited:
Reactions: Equilibrium31
Millennials do not have that survival-prep. instinct compared to my generation.
5 days? alone in deep snow? sounds like pretty good survival instinct to me. I seem to recall many cases of "baby boomers" following the GPS up a closed "summer use only" forestry road and being found dead days later. Not sure what your generation is but these millennials actually went snow camping in the winter, in a very capable TJ. All went well until the weather changed.

Wish they were my kids. Kudos to them for enjoying the TJ culture.