Lets see some before and after shots!

Before and after
00s0s_1cZZqc5rY9T_1200x900 (2).jpg
IMG_4574.JPG

What's made you decide on adding a one inch body lift instead of just going with a 3 inch suspension lift. Just curious. I just bought an 05 TJU Rubicon that's stock and will be upgrading.

A number of reasons really . . .

At 2 1/2" (which is what I really netted with the OME HD springs) with an LJ you are not likely at all to have to change the driveline geometry. No motor mount lift or transmission skid plate drop and, for now, I don't have to replace my control arms or drive shaft. When you start going to a full 3"+ you need to start considering these modifications more seriously.

By adding a 1" body lift I have more than enough clearance for 33" tires with this setup but, more importantly, the body lift will allow me to easily add a tummy tuck as well as room to raise the gas tank with a new gas tank skid.

I actually had vibration issues with a 2" spring lift, tried the TC drop, couldn't stand the look of it so I removed it and went with a 1" JKS motor mount lift, of course the 1.25" body lift came next so I wouldn't have to deal with linkage brackets & relocation radiator shroud brackets. The plan was to do a tummy tuck in the future and run 33"

I actually had vibration issues with a 2" spring lift, tried the TC drop, couldn't stand the look of it so I removed it and went with a 1" JKS motor mount lift, of course the 1.25" body lift came next so I wouldn't have to deal with linkage brackets & relocation radiator shroud brackets. The plan was to do a tummy tuck in the future and run 33"

On a SWB TJ that's not uncommon. The body lift definitely opens up more options for making a neat and tidy underside. One of the benefits of the LJ is that you aren't as likely to encounter driveline issues under 3".

A number of reasons really . . .

At 2 1/2" (which is what I really netted with the OME HD springs) with an LJ you are not likely at all to have to change the driveline geometry. No motor mount lift or transmission skid plate drop and, for now, I don't have to replace my control arms or drive shaft. When you start going to a full 3"+ you need to start considering these modifications more seriously.

By adding a 1" body lift I have more than enough clearance for 33" tires with this setup but, more importantly, the body lift will allow me to easily add a tummy tuck as well as room to raise the gas tank with a new gas tank skid.
Just bought my LJ Rubi and it has a near new set of 285/75 R16's on it which translates to a 32.8 diameter. I like the fact that a ton of extra parts don't need to be replaced by staying at 2.5" , but I'm hesitant about a body lift with what all is involved with linkage issues, engine fan shroud relocation and fuel tank neck. I'll have to do some more research. Unfortunately, I'm anal about perfection and don't like anything out of place or half-assed. I might just go with no body lift and spring for a 3 to 4 inch suspension lift and buy the extra components necessary to adjust for the geometry changes. It's a tough decision.

Just bought my LJ Rubi and it has a near new set of 285/75 R16's on it which translates to a 32.8 diameter. I like the fact that a ton of extra parts don't need to be replaced by staying at 2.5" , but I'm hesitant about a body lift with what all is involved with linkage issues, engine fan shroud relocation and fuel tank neck.

It's definitely a tough decision but stick with an end state in mind (well, as much as is possible with any Jeep :p) and work logically towards that goal and you'll minimize any unnecessary purchases/steps.

YMMV, but with my body lift I didn't experience any linkage issues. Neither the gear selector (automatic) nor the transfer case linkage have any issues and it shifts easily into/out of 4WH, Neutral, & 4WL. For the fan shroud I just drilled a new set of holes so that it sits lower to clear the fan. I had the fuel overflow issue with my Jeep so I replaced my filler neck with he GM hose at the same time I put on the body lift so I killed two birds with that stone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyle_W
Makes perfect sense now! Nice hot rod in front.
Thanks so much man! That pontiac is my heart. Had her for 6 years. This Jeep is my first 4x4 vehicle & it's taken quite the getting used to. Even after driving the jeep since xmas I'm still discovering new things I can achieve in it. Tho I have to admit just going over potholes & puddles without fear has been a huge change haha