Let's see your front bumpers!

Damn I bet that was an interesting day. :LOL:
The Jeep was originally bought for my son when he was in HS. He's a Sgt. in the Marine Corps now and has bought himself another vehicle and I bought the Jeep back from him, but he was going back to the base after a trip and he hit the back plastic with his duffle bag (plastic was already toast) and it literally shattered in shreds, the tape was his fix. hahaha

I'm in a bumper conundrum? I'm having a hard time trying to decide on one and I keep going through these pages and can't make my mind up. Too many choices.
IMG_1222.JPG

Narrow it down with a few brand names. There are several quality builders out there but many more who just weld all willy nilly. ARB and Warn are good starting points. A few more guys will add to the listI'm sure of good.... and bad choices.

Reactions: Tray Burge
I'm in a bumper conundrum. I'm having a hard time trying to decide on one and I keep going through these pages and can't make my mind up. Too many choices.

Start with a list of which attributes are most important to you and the degree of importance. Length? Integrated winch plate? Shackle tabs? Weight? Compatibility with Currie Anti Rock or other modifications? Material? Style? Price? Etc?

That will help you start narrowing down the list.

I am currently using a Rockhard 4x4 # RH-4001-C46 46" narrow width front bumper with integrated winch plate, forward angled winch guard hoop, double welded recovery shackle tabs and optional steering box skid plate . It was installed by the previous owner.

Although it is heavier than some other options it has the other attributes I need so I have felt no need to change it. It is very well built and I recommend it highly for those who want this style bumper.

View of front bumper with TRE fairlead and safety thimble.jpg

https://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-4001-c46.htm
RH-4001-C46-9T.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: xxdabroxx
I have the aluminum UCF
View attachment 141583

do you have a top down pic? My complaint about anything but the Savvy is the top deck is built with an allowance to run the OEM swaybar. Consequently, you either need to heavily modify (check out about 6-8mo ago in @jjvw’s thread) or accept that the winch is rather far out and you lose some useful real estate for things like lights or license plate brackets.

Reactions: jjvw
do you have a top down pic? My complaint about anything but the Savvy is the top deck is built with an allowance to run the OEM swaybar. Consequently, you either need to heavily modify (check out about 6-8mo ago in @jjvw’s thread) or accept that the winch is rather far out and you lose some useful real estate for things like lights or license plate brackets.

See if these will help if not I’ll run out and take one
F78AA876-53DC-48E5-B833-7CB54B1218F6.jpeg
BF71C0DC-E370-4118-B91C-6D984603A0F8.jpeg
343D41F6-7809-46B2-AD1A-5D41762CBD72.jpeg

Just to mention it. Some states do have requirements for your bumper. Such as MN requires the bumper to extend 10” outside the frame rails on both sides.

Part of the reason I went Metalcloak is that it’s configurable so that if I were to get hassled because I don’t meet the 10” requirements I can swap the end caps.

I haven’t had any issue in the couple years or so but it is possible.

I didn't see this configuration yet. . . stock bumper w/ Warn #37170 fixed winch mount. Accessorized with Trucklite fogs, and Zeon 8-S.

LJ Lift Done Front.jpg

At the moment, just factory with a warn winch plate.
and my controversial flat link E...

IMG_5433.jpg

But, I do have a line on a Mopar Rock Crawler front bumper! My dream bumper (be still my beating heart).

See if these will help if not I’ll run out and take oneView attachment 141585View attachment 141587View attachment 141588

Just notice in the couple images since your post, JJVW’s and mine are “the same bumper” (but very much different now). If I had access to tools to expand mine, I’d definitely look at his closely for inspiration.

edit: there is a bit good about this one. The width, weight, slopes and high D-Rings are all great features. The top deck, mount holes, and lower wrap are all lacking for a more built Jeep.