Lifted trucks for street use: Why?

That dude slays so much puss he doesn’t even worry about all the crap getting slung on the side of truck from that sick stance. I bet he just makes his gals clean it off.
Good point. The man does what he must he must do all in the name of pleasing that booty.

Reactions: Apparition
Ive had lifted trucks when I didn't need it. But I also didn't have huge wheels, low profile mt's and a loud exhaust. I have a lifted LJ now and live in South Florida with little to no trails to use it on. Don't need it but I enjoy it. I have no issue someone buying and driving something they don't need, however, when they take the modifications passed a certain point is when I have issue.

Most of the time I feel when i'm at a light next to or across from a lifted "show truck" they know and I know they don't go near any dirt in that thing and i've even gotten waves from some.. maybe a pseudo 4x4 thing who knows but I leave it at that. Like religion, and taste in just about anything.. hike your own hike and keep it away from my doorstep.

Reactions: Jeffreybomb
Hahaha the overcompensating thing makes me laugh. Why is that always the assumption? Sure, Im willing to guess that's for some but a blanket statement like that shows how narrowminded people truly are. Its fascinating really. And why does it matter if they don't take their truck in the dirt? If I own a challenger hellcat and don't take it to the track to drag race, does that mean Im overcompensating? Or that I shouldn't own it? Or my old M3's that I never took to a road course, should I have never owned one?

Reactions: taylormade73
A bunch of guys with lifted Jeeps making fun of guys in lifted trucks is pretty rich. Why lift a truck? Simple answer...so I can throw 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers on my Tundra and have the best looking ride in town! Sold that truck but I got way more love for that ride than I do in my stupid expensive Raptor. If you're a truck person (as I am) than why wouldn't you want to have the best looking ride in town? Just like you all trying to make these old TJ turds into something worth driving.

wha wha wha

lol, the percentage of people that actually take their lifted Jeeps off-road is minimal at best. This forum is the exception. Do you know how many soccer moms I see buzzing by me waving? My cousin has a custom built $60k Jeep. Fully equipped with a snorkel kit, 35” Mickey Thompson’s, full body and frame rhino lined, warm winch, light bar, the list goes on and on. Never left the pavement! It’s an absolute tragedy to see that Jeep do nothing but clock miles. One of my best friends just bought a new Willys. He’s owned a Jeep his whole life. Never been in the woods and will never probably even see a dirt road.

sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the truth is, most people that lift any vehicle are doing it for aesthetics and not function.

(Crying bloody tears!)

Hang on a second — I need a moment to gather my thoughts after your laughter-fit inducing text-puke.

Soccer moms? In TJs? Okay, big guy.

Either you’re ignorant as to the forum in which you’re making your hilariously whiny claims, or your reading comprehension skills are zero.

I think it’s probably a little from Column A and a little from Column B.

Thanks for playing! Please enjoy our at-home game!

What’s your deal with the name calling? Did I hurt your feels because I like to lift my truck? Been cooped up in the house too long tough guy?

I’m clearly talking about Jeeps in general. Not specifically the TJ. You are correct tho...if you replace every piece of the suspension, new expensive axles, bigger tires, SYE, re-gear, new drive shafts, add lockers, fix the frame, and drop thousands and thousands of dollars...you have a great off-road vehicle. My mechanic’s exact words “once you replace every part of this POS it’s going to be awesome.”

Iunno. If I had copious amounts of disposable income, I'd probably have a bro-dozer.
Even with how impractical it may be. Would be a cool lawn ornament.

Ehh. Scratch that. I'd just build a monster truck.

Reactions: JEEPCJTJ
I built a Jeep in 2005 and took it all over Moab. Then I thought how much more fun it would be to camp at these spots rather than just visit. So I built an '11 F 250 with a camper and took it all over Moab. Had a ball with it for 5 years. The truck looked good and a lot of compliments. Not stupid tall, just a 4" lift on 35's. But then I needed more comfort so now I have a small Class C towing another Jeep. I wouldn't call my Jeep built, just slightly modified with 2" lift on 31's. But I still admire a nicely done lifted truck. :cool:

View attachment 139057

Small world, I recognized your truck from the TC forums....I was there too with my truck camper and Jeep. 👍

Have had lifted trucks in the past. I like the look. My last few trucks just got a leveling kit and a big larger tire. Still works as a truck, looks better IMHO.

although I sold my last F350 since I didn’t need a large diesel anymore (boat and truck camper gone) and now own a bone stock F150. It drives and rides great. It will at least get a leveling kit though...but my wife wants to do a full 4” lift. Lol 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: Grey_Machine7.3
(douche = butthurt x flex²)

1589052780500.png