Lifted trucks for street use: Why?

They didn't have anything to nuts sitting out today.
But here's a few. Not sure if you can count the gladiator as a truck.

IMG_20200510_144116.jpg

IMG_20200510_144106.jpg

IMG_20200510_143816.jpg

IMG_20200510_144132.jpg

Reactions: Pokahpolice
My dad would go to north east Nebraska with his uncle and cousins and friends every years for the opening season of Ringneck Pheasants. He did this for years and years. I got to go 2 years in a row when I was 13 and 14. Those were the best trips. The whole thing; traveling, hunting, jokes, my dad cracking on his uncle for the things he exaggerated about. I loved it. There was always coolers completely full of Pheasants, Quail, Dove, Rabbit and Squirrel.

Reactions: Pokahpolice
I own a camp in the Maine North Woods that is a 2.5 hour drive AFTER you hit the dirt logging roads.
Yeah Maine is wild. I hiked half of the AT in 2015, and got lost on logging roads for two days. Finally some locals helped my buddy and I out. Id love to have some land up there. So friggin beautiful.

23331170_1951677198181802_183142189327180087_o.jpg
Untitled.jpg

Are lifted show trucks not a thing where y'all live? They're everywhere in VA, NC, and SC! First picture is at a shop right down the road from me, second pic is trucks that came out of a shop about an hour away.

Reactions: Grey_Machine7.3
View attachment 160180View attachment 160184

Are lifted show trucks not a thing where y'all live? They're everywhere in VA, NC, and SC! First picture is at a shop right down the road from me, second pic is trucks that came out of a shop about an hour away.
The shop down the road from me usually has a lot of trucks like that.
They do a sema build every year. I wouldn't really mind having one, but I do prefer function over form. That's why I like my tj, all the lift, and all the functionality of driving over stuff (;

What about hydraulics on low riders?
That shit is cool. I once built a rigged S-10 with a skid that I could drop the front end on and shower sparks to impress the girls at the coffee shop next to my high school. Spoiler they all thought I was an idiot

This threads going great, I feel like we’re really exchanging perspectives & growing.

Last edited:
That shit is cool. I once built a bagged S-10 with a skid that I could drop the front end on and shower sparks to impress the girls at the coffee shop next to my high school. Spoiler they all thought I was an idiot

This threads going great, I feel like we’re really exchanging perspectives & growing.
I was preparing to ask if it worked.

I was preparing to ask if it worked.
The S-10? Yeah, worked as designed. We rigged a pressure relief valve on both axles so the either lift would collapse, it was super sweet. Hit the button, slam the front end, scrape the pavement for a few seconds... Hit the other button, crash the rear & look at the sky... See all the chicks watch in horror as these dateless idiots did laps around a strip mall parking lot in a worthless piece of shit worth a quarter of what the hydraulic valve bodies cost. Again, super sweet.

I eventually landed a date but didn’t show because my mail order minidisc player came in that same day.

The S-10? Yeah, worked as designed. We rigged a pressure relief valve on both axles so the either lift would collapse, it was super sweet. Hit the button, slam the front end, scrape the pavement for a few seconds... Hit the other button, crash the rear & look at the sky... See all the chicks watch in horror as these dateless idiots did laps around a strip mall parking lot in a worthless piece of shit worth a quarter of what the hydraulic valve bodies cost. Again, super sweet.

I eventually landed a date but didn’t show because my mail order minidisc player came in that same day.
I highlighted your spoiler. You answered before I could ask.

Reactions: MountaineerTom
Yeah Maine is wild. I hiked half of the AT in 2015, and got lost on logging roads for two days. Finally some locals helped my buddy and I out. Id love to have some land up there. So friggin beautiful.

I hike portions of the AT quite often. Just did Bigelow last fall and we plan on hitting Katadin this year. Never had the ambition to do more than a few nights tho.

Getting lost in northern Maine is pretty legit. You get out in the Allagash and you won’t see anyone for a week.

But how many dates did you score?

Married the girl I dated in high school. Doesn't take much to impress her I guess. Used to abuse this truck to no end. Its been beat like a common law wife at a trailer park. But it never missed a lick, and the AC was ice cold. Can you even buy a long bed standard cab anymore?

IMG_4485.JPG