Lifted trucks for street use: Why?

Can you even buy a long bed standard cab anymore?
Yea, but not in all models and you have to look for one. I haven't owned a pickup in 20 years, probably won't ever again, but if I do, it *will* be a regular cab long bed. Those double cab and cab and a half trucks are like driving a friggin' school bus!

Yea, but not in all models and you have to look for one. I haven't owned a pickup in 20 years, probably won't ever again, but if I do, it *will* be a regular cab long bed. Those double cab and cab and a half trucks are like driving a friggin' school bus!

Yeah they are. I got a crew cab long bed (6 1/2 bed) because I shuttle little kids around but also didn't want a short bed, this thing is a pain in the ass to get around in. At least I live in the land of bro dozers so most places have plenty of room for parking outside of downtown SLC.

I had a '67 Dodge D300 1-ton dually with a 9' step side bed. A really rare unit, to be sure.
A Dually with a stepside bed?! That's pretty cool. Yea, the GMC was a stepside as well, it replaced a '53 Dodge, also a 1 ton, and I *think* it was a 9 footer as well, but not sure as I was 2-1/2 when the 1 ton Jimmy was purchased. No dual wheels though!

Reactions: Squatch
I bought it off the original owner. He had ordered it from the factory with a 383 in it, rather than the poly 318. I rebuilt the 383, and then sold it to a buddy, who ultimately sold it to a fella in Canada. That guy restores old Dodges, and he turned it into a 4X4 Power Wagon Dually. He did an incredible job on it.

My old 2001 2wd F250 V10. Long Bed. Really liked that truck. Drove that from Los Angeles to San Rafael twice a month.

DSC00136-1.JPG

Ya know, I used to think that guy was a dick, but now I think he's hilarious. He does things to get a reaction out of people and they feed right into it, to the point where he's become quite successful.

He seems to work his ass off too. Monstermax was a dream of his, and he hustled until it was made possible.

Ya know, I used to think that guy was a dick, but now I think he's hilarious. He does things to get a reaction out of people and they feed right into it, to the point where he's become quite successful.

He seems to work his ass off too. Monstermax was a dream of his, and he hustled until it was made possible.
I’m fine with him doing stupid stuff, what I didn’t like was when they took the crowbar and started destroying the Ford. I’m fine with overloading it or jumping it but just busting it up annoyed me.

Reactions: Rick Flair
The neighbor’s son up the street just brought this home the other day.

View attachment 170889
Looks like Inspector Gadget’s truck!!

I have always enjoyed driving past the airmen dorms on base. There’s ridiculous stuff all over the parking lot. One dude parked out there now has an old beater Ram 2500 with what must be a 12” diameter exhaust coming vertically right out of the middle of the bed up to the roofline. It’s amazing and it makes me miss being 19 and doing dumb shit.

Last edited: