Arizona List of Arizona members who like to go off-roading

South and east:
Four Peaks
Rolls
Bulldog Canyon (need a forest permit)
Box Canyon (need a state trust land permit)
Montana Mountain

North:
New River
Big Maggie May Creek

Unfortunately the most historical trail (Apache Trail) has been closed for almost two years.
Thanks for the leads.

Reactions: nk24
@Alex01 I’m trying to think of easier trails that lead to an abandoned mine…

I don’t buy the rating system at all because my favorite easier trail that goes out to a mine is a 9/10 apparently lol. Called sunflower mine loop. But it does have one section that would be a little sketch in the JLU.

Favorite easier scenic trails that aren’t just fire roads:

Box canyon trail is a very cool scenic trail through a narrow canyon and some cool desert stuff

Sycamore Creek Loop is more vast expanse type pretty. You spend a while in a dry river bed but get going on some rolly dirt hills and some fun dirt climbs.

Log Corral Trail is one of my personal favorite scenic trails. It goes from a highway out to a lake. You pass through a little forest and some river beds with small rocks out to some sandy open stuff then out to some rutted out dirt hills all the way to the lake. Very diverse trail.

Edit: did you mean 4/5 or out of 10?? Lol I’ve found both rating systems now.

I enjoy Crackerjack Mine/ OHV trail, just north of Payson. Very scenic and you get up into the pines.
Looks fun.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. We'll hopefully do one of the trails in this area and later in the week we are heading over to sedona and will likely do broken arrow. 😀

Reactions: nk24
nc_ohc=ZSd_CBf7IMMAX-Hf0Y-&_nc_ht=scontent.fphx1-2.jpg

If anybody is interested. Im not going. Haven't started building my TJ yet plus i'll be in Texas working for a bit.

Reactions: RINC
View attachment 334668

If anybody is interested. Im not going. Haven't started building my TJ yet plus i'll be in Texas working for a bit.

I’ve found these random group meets should be avoided. Unless you know who you’re wheeling with things can go south pretty quick.

We went a couple years ago to Box Canyon and Elvis Trail and some dude who was a friend of a friend with a lead foot and a YJ (ew) showed up and snapped a motor mount from the torque, which then dropped the motor enough to bash the oil pan on a rock. Four guys had to stay back and help while the rest went on.

• Wow
View attachment 334668

I’ve found these random group meets should be avoided. Unless you know who you’re wheeling with things can go south pretty quick.

We went a couple years ago to Box Canyon and Elvis Trail and some dude who was a friend of a friend with a lead foot and a YJ (ew) showed up and snapped a motor mount from the torque, which then dropped the motor enough to bash the oil pan on a rock. Four guys had to stay back and help while the rest went on.

I agree with @Jamison C . That was my first ever wheeling trip. The times I have been wheeling has been with y'all from this here website.

@R3ID05TJ is fine posting that. I have asked prior to this to have the Tucson Faceplant stuff posted. Thank you @R3ID05TJ for that. I would feel more comfortable wheeling along with others I know in a pick up group like that. Just watch out for the spotting from @PurpleTJAZ , that dude is squirrely. :p

I hope this post makes sense. I am 12 PBR's deep as of this post.

I agree with @Jamison C . That was my first ever wheeling trip. The times I have been wheeling has been with y'all from this here website.

@R3ID05TJ is fine posting that. I have asked prior to this to have the Tucson Faceplant stuff posted. Thank you @R3ID05TJ for that. I would feel more comfortable wheeling along with others I know in a pick up group like that. Just watch out for the spotting from @PurpleTJAZ , that dude is squirrely. :p

I hope this post makes sense. I am 12 PBR's deep as of this post.

Only 12? You can’t brag until you make that a bakers’ dozen.

• Haha
I'm starting to think all you AZ people are getting notes daily trying to get you to paint them pink and become guides.

20220601_101911.jpg

5 of these on the broken arrow at any given time and has to be 50+ around town not counting the random YJs parked for marketing

I'm starting to think all you AZ people are getting notes daily trying to get you to paint them pink and become guides.

View attachment 334709

5 of these on the broken arrow at any given time and has to be 50+ around town not counting the random YJs parked for marketing

The one time I have been to Sedona, those peeps in the Pinks Jeeps were hootin and hollerin the whole way. I want that job of driving them.

Girlfriend and I are new to the Phoenix area. We are looking to meet some local Jeep friends to hit some trails with. Currently own 98 TJ 2.4 with no mods at this time. Looking to get some new Dana axels and better tires but till then would love to find some friends and hit some easy trails

Girlfriend and I are new to the Phoenix area. We are looking to meet some local Jeep friends to hit some trails with. Currently own 98 TJ 2.4 with no mods at this time. Looking to get some new Dana axels and better tires but till then would love to find some friends and hit some easy trails

Welcome! Right now not mush is going on. Too darn hot. Wheeling season, will usually start around September or October when it gets cooler. Sit back, read up on things and ask any questions you may have.

You guys just need more night runs. Time to install those rock lights!!!

• Wow