California List of SoCal members who like to go off-roading

Yes I took the Hesperia entrance from high desert. I wouldn’t even bother trying to drive into big bear from main roads . If you go just be prepared for very deep snow with hidden drifts

I haven't done much lately due to waiting on my son to finish his mods. They are pretty extensive so it will still be a while. I can still go out some time but need a heads up since life does get in the way.

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
Heading out for a quick run up Gold Mountain and then John Bull on Sat (10/28). Going to start around 7:00 or 7:30 on Gold Mountain. Trying to beat the large groups that go through. I know it's short notice but let me know if you want to join. GMRS but also have CB.

Reactions: GregBelleville
Heading out for a quick run up Gold Mountain and then John Bull on Sat (10/28). Going to start around 7:00 or 7:30 on Gold Mountain. Trying to beat the large groups that go through. I know it's short notice but let me know if you want to join. GMRS but also have CB.

Aw man, I’d be down but I’ve got work. Next time!!

As luck would have it, I cut a sidewall on that day out. Simple trail (Gold MTN) but sometimes it happens. I didn't want to swap the tire until I got off the trail so I used plugs to hold me over. I used over 30 of them but still no luck, they kept puking out. Eh, sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.

That's a bummer. Hopefully you still enjoyed the trail.. Probably one of my favorites up there. Hurricane Hillary sure changed everything. The trails are a bit more difficult than before!

Anyone in the group planning to head over to Moab UT April to wheel at the TJ Fest?

We're driving over and will be there 4/20 thru 4/27 and wheeling 3-4 days with the other days taking it easy/exploring Moab. This will be our third trip.