Long Arm Upgrade

Uh oh you asked a question!

Do you think that question had a purpose?

I’m a vocal proponent of bringing more Socratic method into education. Didactic is non-interactive, requires very little of the student, and is very inefficient ALONE. The Socratic method invites interaction and thought and makes didactic responses more meaningful. My students love it, but I occasionally get a class that is gun shy to ask questions. I think it’s because the answers aren’t confirming their presuppositions.

Reactions: Rickyd
Nope, no idea. Not vouching for them, just saying it's going to be interesting to see.

All I've seen so far is some teaser pics of a completely flat belly skid (flush with frame), and weld-on brackets similar to the savvy kit.

Is this the kit? Associated with the LiteBrite LJ build that was discussed in another thread recently?

I would not compare this with the Savvy kit, different audience and different philosophy.

(Click for large size)

338361222_238575028583077_2180453567660492233_n.jpg

338408295_1390215948456870_8096255240595165004_n.jpg

Last edited:
Is this the kit? Associated with the LiteBrite LJ build that was discussed in another thread recently?

I would not compare this with the Savvy kit, different audience and different philosophy.

(Click for large size)

View attachment 420477

View attachment 420478

If that is the new interesting long arm, then based on the mount positioning it will suffer from the same geometry problems every other long arm kit has.

If that is the new interesting long arm, then based on the mount positioning it will suffer from the same geometry problems every other long arm kit has.

19:17 in this video ( no Brittany!). Weld on brackets, no additional crossmember and uses a 1.5" BL to get "fully flat" skid but looks to be otherwise typical in terms of separation at the frame.

Video link (remove space after slashes) - https:// youtu.be/0Ui1vqYUs-Q

Screenshot_20230429_070757.jpg

Screenshot_20230429_070737.jpg

Screenshot_20230429_071502.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: psrivats
And notice that the upper control arms joints are in the vertical bolt orientation. There is no value or purpose in doing so. All this does is require the joints to be lower on the frame than is necessary.

Flat belly (on the jeep and the YouTube presenter) and big tires hide all the sins.

And I have to post Blaine's design for Savvy (below) just as a contrast to those folks trying to learn can see and understand better.

1685032365532.png

1685032416698.png

1685032193043.png

And notice that the upper control arms joints are in the vertical bolt orientation. There is no value or purpose in doing so. All this does is require the joints to be lower on the frame than is necessary.

One of my biggest pet peeves in looking at other suspensions is flipping the bolt like that so you’re using the miss alignment in just vertical travel. Every single one doesn’t have a fitment issue to justify it either, so I really don’t understand why they do it.

One of my biggest pet peeves in looking at other suspensions is flipping the bolt like that so you’re using the miss alignment in just vertical travel. Every single one doesn’t have a fitment issue to justify it either, so I really don’t understand why they do it.

It makes the brackets look cooler 😜