Lunch time run around in summer mode.

Definitely has a bit of a rake without the hard top but I dig it.

I also cut the turn down end of the exhaust pipe before a rock decided it didn't like the shape of the exhaust. It it's within the shadow of the Savvy gts now.

1000003869.jpg

Last edited:
I'll keep it haha. Just a bit frustrated with having to bail on a planned trip. Plus @Fluxor still has some parts on the horizon this thing needs.

Adjusted the front pinion angle to .02 above the ds angle. It a bit smoother but still getting s rhythmic ds vibration around 45 and above 70.

I'll try the rebalanced rear shaft and get a new front one.

Acc carpet is on my radar though. The bed rug just let's too much heat in now.

Reactions: PRNDL
Reactions: Longwhitejeep
Unfortunately No wheeling this weekend. Kids don't want to go. I may end up parting ways with this thing in the future as it seems, more and more, wife and kids aren't as big of fans of this wheeling thing as I am.
I know this story well. My wife is the same and has zero interest in wheeling. I just made a decision that a couple times a year I'll go it alone. This has worked for me over the last decade and I've grown to enjoy the time with my friends.

I know this story well. My wife is the same and has zero interest in wheeling. I just made a decision that a couple times a year I'll go it alone. This has worked for me over the last decade and I've grown to enjoy the time with my friends.

The kids like it just a frustrating moment. Also work blew up so it was a rough day.

I finally got it just about where I want it minus some nice shocks. Can't ditch it now. It will be nice cruising at the beach.

I'll change the front axle oil and pinion seal this weekend.

Reactions: Wildman

Ditto. I suspect its pretty common.

Reactions: Irun
Ditto. I suspect its pretty common.

Mine is the same. She will come along with me, occasionally, but its never her saying to me, lets take the jeep out. Most of the time, its a trip with my buddies, or I go out with my 4x4 club. My brother and nephews like coming along, so that can be fun, sometimes.

Most of the time it's been just me and my son for past few years. My daughter would go on some of the trips. Kids are 8 and 6 now and like going. But they like it when we all go more lol.

There is a good family event around year they do 2 twice a year. Dinner is provided with a big raffle. I won a chainsaw one year I still use lol. It was, unfortunately, canceled for this year.

Have no fear, I turned an offer yesterday to buy it lol. It's still here and will be for a good while. Always wanted a tj since I was a kid.

Let's talk acc carpet colors.

I ordered samples a while back and these three I thought were the closest to the stock color. It seems the stock kahki carpet is actually more silver. Ebay link below to one for sale. There are more photos online as well. I don't have my stock carpet anymore. It was moldy and gross.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1350130232...pid=5337789113&customid=&toolid=10001&mkevt=1

Need options to stick with a light charcoal style color like the bed rug, or go with silver/beige to try and match original.

I am leaning towards light charcoal.

Silver
1000003876.jpg

1000003875.jpg

Beige
1000003877.jpg
1000003879.jpg

1000003880.jpg

I also ordered cream but its too tan.
Colors available in Essex
1000003881.jpg
1000003882.jpg

Last edited:
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
From everything I've read on here I'd stick with the Bedrug as long as you like that color. I've had the nasty carpet in a few of my Jeeps so the fact that the Bedrug doesn't mold would be a huge plus IMO.

From everything I've read on here I'd stick with the Bedrug as long as you like that color. I've had the nasty carpet in a few of my Jeeps so the fact that the Bedrug doesn't mold would be a huge plus IMO.

The only problem with the bed rug is it doesn't do a very good job of sound reduction or heat reduction.

The only problem with the bed rug is it doesn't do a very good job of sound reduction or heat reduction.

I haven't had carpet in my TJ since about 2 days after I bought it and the carpet in my YJ lasted about 3 month so I honestly don't know what one is like with a good noise or heat reduction is like. I have always not wanted the carpet due to water crossings and stuff. But I was also used to military vehicles and they don't have any creature comforts.

I haven't had carpet in my TJ since about 2 days after I bought it and the carpet in my YJ lasted about 3 month so I honestly don't know what one is like with a good noise or heat reduction is like. I have always not wanted the carpet due to water crossings and stuff. But I was also used to military vehicles and they don't have any creature comforts.

I could look to adding some heat insulation under the bed rug as an option. That wouldn't be wasted if I went to carpet later.

Reactions: Irun and Wildman
I have factory carpet in the jeep and have always wanted a bedrug. I thought about putting some smaller sections of sound/heat stuff to help with heat and sound while still having the benifit of the bedrug but not placed everywhere so water build up wouldn’t be bad if that happened. Factory carpet doesn’t do a good job at heat and sound anyways so i would assume you’d need to add that anyways.

Thinking some heat shield. Looks like the right way is do apply it to the tunnel from underneath. This resembles the factory exhaust shield setups. But that would require pulling the tub, or drive train.

So I may stick this to the floor or the backside of the bed rug.

Of course @mrblaine set up seems like the correct way.

I am still not opposed to essex carpet. Maybe applying this to the underside of that.
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/tummy-tuck-and-heat-radiation-issue.7417/

I need to order replacement carpet for my 05 TJ. I like the 1035A Beige and 1076A Prairie Tan. The PT is slightly darker and is my likely choice.
Is your jeep interior kahki too?

I have a neighbor with an lj. I need to walk up there and ask to see his carpet. It might be kahki.

You can order free samples. I had more samples but daughter thought they made excellent pillows for her dolls. Needless to say, I'm missing some samples.

I have a neighbor with an lj. I need to walk up there and ask to see his carpet. It might be kahki.

You can order free samples. I had more samples but daughter thought they made excellent pillows for her dolls. Needless to say, I'm missing some samples.

I'm an 05 TJ too and khaki through and through (metallic khaki exterior and khaki interior). Sold the OEM carpet not long after buying it years ago. I'm in the market down the road for new carpet, so watching with keen eyes.

I'd say beige over silver but that still is lighter than OEM and would be too light for me in a vehicle that will see muddy shoes (even when not off-road).

Do you have a picture of the cream?

What about a sample of the prairie tan? Maybe even the medium gray or charcoal?

The OEM carpet in khaki interior was pretty dark. Old pics from when I sold it:

Driver 2.JPG

Driver Wheel Well 2.JPG

Driver Floor Mat 1.JPG

Yes, I have khaki interior. I received samples from ACC, and they were super helpful.