That looks so good! Mine is still in shipping (everything takes forever to get to idaho) but I’ll definitely be polishing that aluminum like you have done.

I got lucky being on the east coast. It only took 2 days.

I am real happy with the look. My polish job was a quick one. I need to do it a good buff job but I'll do it on the jeep this time.

Reactions: The4bangertj
I got lucky being on the east coast. It only took 2 days.

I am real happy with the look. My polish job was a quick one. I need to do it a good buff job but I'll do it on the jeep this time.

Did you use a scotch pad at the end or any aluminum polish compound? If that’s just 2k sand paper that’s phenomenal.

Did you use a scotch pad at the end or any aluminum polish compound? If that’s just 2k sand paper that’s phenomenal.

I used Chemical guys heavy metal polish and a random orbital buffer. Using it on the winch mount turned out really good. You tell the bumper is a little duller than than the winch mount. I did not sand the winch mount.

I may try some additional polishing compounds or some more sanding. The bends are the hardest to sand. I used a orbital sander as well for that. Hand sanded the round parts.

This the bumper as received. The blending is very good so I wonder what it would have looked like just polished and not sanded.

I did the same procedure as my sliders trying to match them. I may polish both as I think the corners unpainted would turn out better.
1000003758.jpg

@Fluxor front bumper on! Polished it up and mounted the winch. It went on easy and I just blue loctite the smaller fasteners. No issues and is very well made! Clears the sway loc with enough room. Really dig it!

I can't decide if I'm going to leave it raw or try and polish it up a bit more. I sanded it starting at 800 grit and ending at 2000. Sanding was needed to blend the welding corners.

The winch mount was just polished as it came.

Before and after!

View attachment 534877

Before sanding and polishing
View attachment 534884
View attachment 534880View attachment 534882View attachment 534883

The Jeep is looking awesome. Fantastic work!

@Fluxor front bumper on! Polished it up and mounted the winch. It went on easy and I just blue loctite the smaller fasteners. No issues and is very well made! Clears the sway loc with enough room. Really dig it!

I can't decide if I'm going to leave it raw or try and polish it up a bit more. I sanded it starting at 800 grit and ending at 2000. Sanding was needed to blend the welding corners.

The winch mount was just polished as it came.

Before and after!

View attachment 534877

Before sanding and polishing
View attachment 534884
View attachment 534880View attachment 534882View attachment 534883

Very nice. I was pondering what to do about the steel corner guards - paint black, clear coat or color match.

But the black looks great, I might do the same.

Reactions: Longwhitejeep
Very nice. I was pondering what to do about the steel corner guards - paint black, clear coat or color match.

But the black looks great, I might do the same.

Thanks! I thought about clearing them or doing a silver to try and match the aluminum. I figured I would try the black since the fairlead I'd black, my savvy sliders are black and polished aluminum.

I think it works pretty well and touch up should be easy.

My front pinion seal is leaking a very small amount. It's actually coming from around the edge of the seal. Maybe I knocked the housing removing the old one. It's not enough to drip on the floor yet after the first 100 miles. Enough to shine when you hit with a light.

I will swap it out during the 500 mile check up. I'll make sure to coat the outside of the seal with silicone and check for any housing damage from removing the old seal. Minot inconvenience but weird it's leaking from the outer edge.

Last edited:
I was hoping to get this exhaust done today but walker parts are being uncooperative.

The new stainless walker muffler leaks. They didn't weld it all the way around at the cat flange and I didn't catch it.
1000003789.jpg

My walker stainless clamps also leak at the tail pipe connections and won't get any tighter. No amount of adjustments seem to work.

I forgot how much exhaust work sucks.

I ordered a replacement muffler, lucky it was an Amazon purchase. I also am just going to take to a local exhaust shop to see what options they can offer on welding up the connections.

Last edited:
I was hoping to get this exhaust done today but walker parts are being uncooperative.

The new stainless walker muffler leaks. They didn't weld it all the way around at the cat flange and I didn't catch it.
View attachment 535587

My walker stainless clamps also leak at the tail pipe connections and won't get any tighter. No amount of adjustments seem to work.

I forgot how much exhaust work sucks.

I ordered a replacement muffler, lucky it was an Amazon purchase. I also am just going to take to a local exhaust shop to see what options they can offer on welding up the connections.

If going to a shop, have them weld in some v-bands so you can easily take apart the exhaust when needed. They really are a time saver.

I think it's good now. I found another walker stainless locally. This walker muffler is really quiet, basically stock. I kind of wanted a little grumble. I think my stock exhaust was louder at idle anyway. 😅

I get a little leak by the clamps. I'll see how it does for a while.

Main think is everything is stainless down to clamps and it clears the track bar and shock. Its also just above the bottom of tank skid.
1000003792.jpg

1000003795.jpg

1000003793.jpg

I need to cut this tailpipe a little just for looks. I don't like that hook down very much. Plus my stock one nearly bent shut on rocks.
1000003794.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Sj's TJ and Irun
Now that I tripped 100 miles, it's interstate testing.

I need to adjust the rear pinion angle some more. I thought within a degree would be enough for no vibes. I'm getting slight vibes around 50 and decent amount around 70 to 75. This is with the front removed. I also need to do a better alignment. Toe is about an 1/8 right now but my goal was 3/16.

Reactions: Sj's TJ