Got back from another fantastic trip to Sand Hollow last week. If you have never been, it is well worth the effort. Last Monday, we ran with Tony and his Genright crew, who were all very nice and accommodating. We pretty much had Sand Hollow all to ourselves as most I suspect, were in Moab at EJS. The weather was great all week and we ran Double Sammy, Sliplock Gulch, John's Trail, Papa Smurf and a few others I can't remember.

The good:
IMG_6935.jpeg

IMG_6028.jpeg

IMG_6995.jpeg

The bad:
image000000.JPG

and the ugly:
IMG_6938.jpeg

The trails at Sand Hollow can be easy to no fucking way in a TJ (at least for me). The vast majority of scars on my TJ have come from the tougher trails in Sand Hollow. The flop was on a hill on the Papa Smurf trail, the windshield frame came from Double Sammy.

The flop messed up my front fender again, but the corner armor saved the tub in the back. Tried crawling the hill, no dice, gave it the beans, ran out of traction, clutch in, roll back, but, I am guessing my rear driver tire hit the rock wall on the driver side and flipped me over onto the passenger side. Very disappointed in my driving that moment. I also got all wadded up on a tough early exit out of Double Sammy after a 2nd time around and bashed in my driver side windshield frame.

I am finally re-thinking the OEM fenders, need something more durable. I really wish the Genright 4" aluminum tube fenders wouldn't compromise my up-travel. I am reticent to go to highlines but am watching @jjvw install closely. If anyone has any ideas out there, I am all ears...

What is the saying? Oh yea, build, break, fix, repeat...

If you ever get to drive a similarly set up jeep as yours with an automatic, you’ll see the advantages they offer.

I get it, and understand the advantages, I have just driven manual Jeeps way too long...perhaps if I ever build another, I will consider the automatic...