Looking for suggestions on a replacement bottle jack

Stick with the factory jack. A used factory jack is better, faster, and far safer than a brand new Hi-Lift. And as said above, the factory jack is more than tall enough for 35's and even 37's in a pinch.

My personal theory is the newer the Jeeper is to offroading, the more he'll be absolutely positively convinced he needs a Hi-Lift. And the more experienced a Jeeper is at offroading, the more he'll understand it is not. I stopped carrying my Hi-Lift 13 years ago when I moved to it to my backyard shed.

Here's a pic I took of my factory jack lifting my 35" tire about 3" off the garage floor...

View attachment 7763
Jerry, lol You make a better jeeper everyday. Not the first time I’ve been guided the right direction by your advice. Thanks for keeping it real.

Stick with the factory jack. A used factory jack is better, faster, and far safer than a brand new Hi-Lift. And as said above, the factory jack is more than tall enough for 35's and even 37's in a pinch.

My personal theory is the newer the Jeeper is to offroading, the more he'll be absolutely positively convinced he needs a Hi-Lift. And the more experienced a Jeeper is at offroading, the more he'll understand it is not. I stopped carrying my Hi-Lift 13 years ago when I moved to it to my backyard shed.

Here's a pic I took of my factory jack lifting my 35" tire about 3" off the garage floor...

View attachment 7763
Which is the preferred location to jack the front axle with a bottle jack? Is it the control arms/mounts?

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 23.00.17.png

Is this what the manual indicates?

Isn't it dangerous to hurt them?