Looking for TJ rain cover

Jesse561

Hey guys, looking for the best priced TJ rain cover that I can throw on my Jeep when I have the top off if it starts raining here in Florida where it rains out of nowhere everyday.

Quadratec and many others have decent covers that just cover the cab, for reasonable prices.

Reactions: Jesse561
Avoid
Quadratec and many others have decent covers that just cover the cab, for reasonable prices.
Avoid the Quadratec cover, it leaks like crazy. I was given one in excellent condition but it leaks a lot of water through. My Jeep was flooded inside after the first rainstorm during the cover's first use. there was nearly 2" of water in the footwells. I'm going to be spraying it with clear Flex Seal sometime in the next week or two to see if that helps.

Last edited:
Where I live I run topless and door-less year round, but we do get occasional rain and snow. I purchased the Bestop cover from Amazon and really like it. It's fast to deploy and remove, fits reasonably well and hasn't let a drop of water through in the past year that I've owned it. Works great for keeping out dust and pollen too. I've been so impressed I was going to write a review on here.

On a side note, we got a foot of heavy wet snow here this winter. I was worried about the stitching ripping or the fabric stretching. It took it like a champ.

Last edited:
I bought one on Amazon from rugged ridge. It's an otherwise full cover (tires show) but ive had it on for a month with no leakage with the doors and windows off. I know that's not long but if it lasts a year with that price I won't mind getting another one annually

However I will say that I put the soft top up first to prevent heavy pooling

I have even used the cover when I have trailered my Jeep. Just added a strap across the windshield to keep it from flapping going down the road. It has held up so far.

View attachment 88861
Nice cover. Looks much better than the one I have that doesn’t cover no doors.

Anyone know of a promo code? Price isn’t terrible but add $25 to ship hurts

Where I live I run topless and door-less year round, but we do get occasional rain and snow. I purchased the Bestop cover from Amazon and really like it. It's fast to deploy and remove, fits reasonably well and hasn't let a drop of water through in the past year that I've owned it. Works great for keeping out dust and pollen too. I've been so impressed I was going to write a review on here.

On a side note, we got a foot of heavy wet snow here this winter. I was worried about the stitching ripping or the fabric stretching. It took it like a champ.
View attachment 88858
Can we see it without the snow? :)

RainGear, trail cover. I'm on my second one, first one lasted 13 seasons. The hard top is only on from Nov. to April.
It keeps the neighborhood critters alive by not messing with my stuff.

Avoid
Avoid the Quadratec cover, it leaks like crazy. I was given one in excellent condition but it leaks a lot of water through. My Jeep was flooded inside after the first rainstorm during the cover's first use. there was nearly 2" of water in the footwells. I'm going to be spraying it with clear Flex Seal sometime in the next week or two to see if that helps.
I almost bought the Quadratec cover as it is much cheaper than the Bestop. Looks like a made a good decision.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford