Mechanics Creeper

Kinda surprised that no one on this forum has posted pics of their modified creeper... Just sayin...
Hanger
88436D27-5A3E-495F-8717-3F19B2810426.jpeg

DCD84A0E-B446-422A-A5BD-A95584782029.jpeg

Bulldog approval
E2793D51-0EFD-41F4-9CBB-99B4238F877E.jpeg

built-in task lighting
20D3775F-037E-4F04-91A2-4F89C6BDD3DE.jpeg

1295D7B4-DCDA-486E-8AD8-AB1E50DDB25F.jpeg

Fodeeā€™sā€¦well 7ā€™s anyway
C5D64A4D-DBA2-421C-94E5-D599BAD466F7.jpeg

magnetic tray
BEE6A3A5-C967-47A5-86BF-DAB353281426.jpeg

Tonsā€¦šŸ˜‰
0D6B5D17-5825-4808-BC03-30C02C260837.jpeg

3ā€ front
90C31139-75E9-409B-BC28-53BEB1746973.jpeg

First time seeing this thread, but I have to chime in...

Thinking it was a marvelous idea, I bought one of those 'folding' creepers that you lift up part of it to create a rolling stool.
It's been in the cabinet for a few years now, and I hadn't used it all that much as a stool until a few weeks ago when I was removing the front bumper to clean and paint it.

Let's just say that my current stature proved to be too much for the poor thing, as when I sat upon it for the last time, the stool shifted, which made it roll a bit, placing all of my weight on the wrong side of things.
This bent the "heavy duty" frame and launched the stool out from under me across the floor while causing me to land as awkwardly as possible with my ass/lower back firmly along that concrete step that you can see in my profile pic.

I'm no sissy, but the way I landed was excruciating. I laid there for a few minutes writhing in pain and gasping for air, hoping on one hand that my wife would come by to help while on the other hand hoping that nobody would find me in such a state. It hurt so badly that I fully expected to piss blood.

I hurt for about 4-5 days, as much as if I had been in a car accident. The bruise to my ego was only outmatched by the one across my backside.

All that said, I have a barely (albeit harshly) used creeper for sale through my local Offerup account.

I'll be taking the aforementioned recommendations to heart before I blindly purchase another of Mengele's creations.

First time seeing this thread, but I have to chime in...

Thinking it was a marvelous idea, I bought one of those 'folding' creepers that you lift up part of it to create a rolling stool.
It's been in the cabinet for a few years now, and I hadn't used it all that much as a stool until a few weeks ago when I was removing the front bumper to clean and paint it.

Let's just say that my current stature proved to be too much for the poor thing, as when I sat upon it for the last time, the stool shifted, which made it roll a bit, placing all of my weight on the wrong side of things.
This bent the "heavy duty" frame and launched the stool out from under me across the floor while causing me to land as awkwardly as possible with my ass/lower back firmly along that concrete step that you can see in my profile pic.

I'm no sissy, but the way I landed was excruciating. I laid there for a few minutes writhing in pain and gasping for air, hoping on one hand that my wife would come by to help while on the other hand hoping that nobody would find me in such a state. It hurt so badly that I fully expected to piss blood.

I hurt for about 4-5 days, as much as if I had been in a car accident. The bruise to my ego was only outmatched by the one across my backside.

All that said, I have a barely (albeit harshly) used creeper for sale through my local Offerup account.

I'll be taking the aforementioned recommendations to heart before I blindly purchase another of Mengele's creations.

The last 2 sentences make me laugh the restā€¦šŸ˜§

Reactions: B252
I have one of the HF ones like you posted and it's my second one since the plastic on the first snapped from my massive stature. I like it and have no significant complaints. Best bang for the buck.

I wanted one that would roll a bit better, that would be a bit softer so I bought the one below. I'm not at the point that I dislike it but I wouldn't say it's worth the money over the HF unit either. It rolls much better almost too well, it can be hard to reef on a difficult fastener without rolling yourself around. I also can more easily roll off of it as there aren't sides holding me on. It's also much heavier to carry around than the HF unit.

A major reason I got it was also so that I could comfortably sit up underneath the rig as the new build is a bit higher and I figure I'll be under it quite a bit. Raising the back rest was handy when underneath the frame grinding out old brackets.

View attachment 373039

View attachment 373040

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004K7F8PQ/?tag=wranglerorg-20

you're so bougie

I finally decided on a Fastback Creeper by Creepex. Itā€™s got a 3ā€ lift for off-road. It was what Darren got, and he knew what he was doing.

Iā€™m passing my Lisle to my soon to be son-in-law.

https://creepex.com/product/fastback/