California Mendocino NF 2/5–2/7 Camping and Wheeling Trip

I'll plan on being there. I'll shove a few donuts into the back seat to feed my little monsters at DD.

All I'll have for this run is handheld FRS. Still getting this rig outfitted so no GMRS yet.
FRS is still better than CB, so you'll be good. Set it for channel 4.00.

Not sure if it effects this trip:
Crews will begin repair work on the Bar Creek Slide on the M1 Road on the Covelo Ranger District of the Mendocino National Forest Saturday, Feb. 6, 2021. The road damage is located about three miles north of the Eel River Work Center.

Not sure if it effects this trip:
Crews will begin repair work on the Bar Creek Slide on the M1 Road on the Covelo Ranger District of the Mendocino National Forest Saturday, Feb. 6, 2021. The road damage is located about three miles north of the Eel River Work Center.
No, won't effect where you are going.

We’ll most likely stay at middle creek campground tonight to simplify finding a campground at night and then dispersed camp saturday night somewhere cool. Looking forward to seeing everyone there

Reactions: bobthetj03
No photos yet? Y'all stuck in the snow still?

• Haha
Reactions: D M
Great trip guys. Here were my photos (im about to blow this up with full images haha)
IMG_0606.jpg
IMG_0608.jpg
IMG_0604.jpg
IMG_0591.jpg
IMG_0579.jpg
IMG_0581.jpg
IMG_0602.jpg
IMG_0583.jpg
IMG_0590.jpg

Looks like a fun trip. Less snow than I was thinking.

Thanks everyone for coming! It actually was a lot warmer higher up weirdly last night than it was Friday with the frost. Over 50 when I left camp at 7:30 this morning! First run of the diesel heater kept me toasty all night too

04CEE553-349D-4D03-BC68-C34823572DAA.jpeg

E2E77572-3181-47C6-ABC8-3B6D5B604680.jpeg

98D14536-A320-465B-9CBC-9EAA696C2D16.jpeg

question @Indy I could hear Jim on the repeater but when I tried to transmit it just said error on my radio. I tried following the instructions setting up my radio with ctcss but no luck. anything obvious i’m missing?

we were on UHF 46X. if that matters

question @Indy I could hear Jim on the repeater but when I tried to transmit it just said error on my radio. I tried following the instructions setting up my radio with ctcss but no luck. anything obvious i’m missing?

we were on UHF 46X. if that matters
Do you have MARS mod done to it? If not, that's the reason.