Mid-arm LJ Rubicon

Rainy night tonight. Figured it was a good time to break out the mothers polish and powerball. My wheels needed a quick polish and then made this mid arm stand out more then it already does!
A1E64486-CF5F-418E-9FE9-EF5CFA3A8F2E.jpeg
045CE4E5-CD2E-4F2E-9C3C-FB1CE8768726.jpeg

How long does the shine last? You put a clear coat over it?
I polish my wheels once a year. They don’t have much of a haze at that time. I do store it inside and dry them off after washing. I plan to start the links on the same schedule, we’ll see how they do!!
No plans to clear coat. I don’t want the clear chipping and coming off when they get some rock rash.

Progress is slow as I only get a few hours after work to spend on the Jeep. I got the rear upper coil pads cut off, and welded the rear truss, the control arm frame mounts, and welded the coil pads in their corrected position. I am very pleased with the way things are coming together so far! Enjoy the pics! View attachment 210853

Nice Jeep stroller you have there!! (y) :)

Reactions: sunnysideup_lj
Great build thread! The savvy mid arm is what Im saving up for on my LS TJR build. I cant wait to see pictures of your jeep on the trail!
Please update about the ride on road and off with the savvy midarm setup.

Great build thread! The savvy mid arm is what Im saving up for on my LS TJR build. I cant wait to see pictures of your jeep on the trail!
Please update about the ride on road and off with the savvy midarm setup.
I will definitely give more feedback when I take it out for a wheeling trip. As of now I just have road miles. It handles great. Drives very similar to stock setup. So far I’m impressed. Doesn’t drive like other Jeep’s I’ve rode in.

Reactions: Byb33 and Alex01
The Jeep has been on road for a bit now. Not quite ready for a wheeling trip yet. I’m waiting on longer front brake lines, I’ve got by with the stocks for now since I haven’t needed to use the full suspension travel.

I did take some time to completely work the bugs out of the rear, after cycling the suspension and trimming the rear tub wheel wells, the 37’s fit nicely. No additional bumpstop was added. (Just the Currie set that was included with the mid arm kit)
I’ll work the front over for the final time this weekend once the brake lines are delivered.

13212A3D-EDB3-40AF-8D14-3393C14163F3.jpeg

AE50BF54-E6C3-4A92-9D01-D74BB54DF28C.jpeg
AF4A857E-1B6A-45EE-BD81-4950D05793E7.jpeg

Scored a crawler hauler last week too! 18’ 14,000lb BigTex Flat bed. Needs a little work, but overall it’s in decent shape.
View attachment 226898
HOw much did that set you back? the used market up here is ridiculous. That looks like a perfect crawler hawler!

HOw much did that set you back? the used market up here is ridiculous. That looks like a perfect crawler hawler!
$800! I feel like I scored! I went through the axles, brakes/wiring, and tires everything is in great shape. It’s a little ugly....but ive wire wheeled about half of it already for new paint. Thinking about new wood too, it’ll be like new!
The used market here in Utah is ridiculous too. Anything to do with recreation has gone sky high.

• Wow
Reactions: B00mb00m
$800! I feel like I scored! I went through the axles, brakes/wiring, and tires everything is in great shape. It’s a little ugly....but ive wire wheeled about half of it already for new paint. Thinking about new wood too, it’ll be like new!
The used market here in Utah is ridiculous too. Anything to do with recreation has gone sky high.
That’s a great deal. I just picked up a 20’ 14,000 Kaufman for a buddy, and it was close to 6 grand.

I keep coming back to check yours out... We have remarkably similar Jeeps. I considered the Savvy Mid, but chose to go with Kishpaugh's rear geometry correction and a 3 link front... Could do Savvy, but also might go long with Clayton's 3 link.

Very impressed with yours...

I keep coming back to check yours out... We have remarkably similar Jeeps. I considered the Savvy Mid, but chose to go with Kishpaugh's rear geometry correction and a 3 link front... Could do Savvy, but also might go long with Clayton's 3 link.

Very impressed with yours...
Thank you! I checked out your build and it’s coming together nicely. I am not familiar with the Kishpaugh geometry correction kit. I did highly consider the Clayton kit before I pulled the trigger on the Savvy. The square links really turned me away from the Clayton, other then that it looks like a solid kit.

Reactions: Pressurized
For those of you interested, I pulled my diff cover off to install my Motobilt diff cover. There was some talk earlier in my build thread about how much further it would stick out. After doing a comparison the motobilt cover is barley 3/16” taller then the stock. Not too bad for such a beefy cover!
A6690594-354B-40B5-BC70-4EC44ADE170B.jpeg
E23D2624-6CF1-463B-A1C1-F19F67BA6416.jpeg