Midnight LJR Build

Do you two enablers know what your trailers weigh? Do you find it necessary to use trailer brakes?
Trailer brakes are required here for anything over 1500 lbs. It's probably close... The trailers themselves probably don't weigh more than 500 lbs, but once you add payload, I bet you're creeping in on it.

Reactions: Midnight LJR
@bobthetj03 did a whole build thread on his trailer. From the looks of it neither have brakes.

If you could find a few cheap tubs it would be a fun project. I even have car hauler that would be perfect to haul them to your house with.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/project-frankentrailer.3925/

This is what @lowranger did to me. He shows up at my work with his car trailer with 2 YJ tubs on it and says "Look, I found you a trailer project", or something to that nature, lol!

Trailer brakes are required here for anything over 1500 lbs. It's probably close... The trailers themselves probably don't weigh more than 500 lbs, but once you add payload, I bet you're creeping in on it.

I haven't officially weighed the trailer, but I would gather mine is around 400 lbs. empty. I doubt I could fit any more than another 400 lbs. of gear. My Jeep has a BBK, so I've never felt I needed trailer brakes for it.

https://www.dinoot.com/models/
1588054A-FA4D-4561-A619-1B3BD13674D1.jpeg

I’ve had my eye on them for a while now
2E32F29E-19CB-4777-A967-FF302209257E.jpeg

Definitely some cool builds done on them.

My other trailer I sold was over 2000lbs empty. These are supposed to be between 400-600 empty depending on load out. Were you looking at the regular or extended one? I would only use it on overland style trips so would likely go with extended.

I like this very minimalist build.
0FFD1E04-7E56-4956-9945-CBE3476E2FBF.png

Last edited:
View attachment 159911

My other trailer I sold was over 2000lbs empty. These are supposed to be between 400-600 empty depending on load out. Where you looking at the regular or extended one? I would only use it on overland style trips so would likely go with extended.
Honestly I’m not sure, I’ve just dog eared the site so when the time/money come around I can perhaps do one. I love the idea of it matching the jeep tub.

Reactions: DrDmoney
View attachment 159911

My other trailer I sold was over 2000lbs empty. These are supposed to be between 400-600 empty depending on load out. Were you looking at the regular or extended one? I would only use it on overland style trips so would likely go with extended.

I like this very minimalist build.
View attachment 159915
Yeah I like that too. Now that you have me really thinking about it, I’d want to set it up so that the tongue box was tools And propane, front Inside was parts and cargo, rear would be camp kitchen, and I’d do an elevated platform with awning and a hardtop tent of sorts. 🤔

(practicing my thread hijacking skills) 🤣

Do you two enablers know what your trailers weigh? Do you find it necessary to use trailer brakes?
I don't know how much mine weights, but with trailer, roof top and my gear I don't think I'm close to 1500 lbs. I've towed mine all over the place without brakes on it and I still have stock brakes on my Jeep and haven't had a problem.

I don't know how much mine weights, but with trailer, roof top and my gear I don't think I'm close to 1500 lbs. I've towed mine all over the place without brakes on it and I still have stock brakes on my Jeep and haven't had a problem.

If I decided to build one I would try to keep it super light. Doubtful I would even put a roof top tent on it. so maybe it would make since to start without the brakes and then add them only if it seems it needs them.

I was thinking they would be a benefit on steep down hills off road, and the manual parking brake feature seems like it would be nice when parking on uneven ground.

Reactions: Alex01

Swing your rig around here. CAT scales are $10 to weigh and $2 to re-weigh