Milestar Patagonia Tires—Good, Bad, or Ugly?

I have used Cooper tires for years and would purchase a set of STT Pros in a heartbeat BUT 35's are only available with E load ratings which I am trying to avoid.

I am curious about the Milestar Patagonia because they are relatively little known in comparison to other brands, the few reviews are mostly positive, and the price point is attractive. At some point I may do some cost per mile estimations but for now I'm just encouraging discussion about them and gathering information.

I will be purchasing tires after someone buys the Mickey Thompson's I have for sale here:
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...s-are-also-available-as-a-package-deal.16474/
That’s strang,I have C rated ones on my Jeep right now. It might be because in running 15” wheels and you have 16 or 17 I’m assuming since you’re going to install a bbk.

How about hard stops on wet roads? You mention that they are good on sand, mud, dry pavement, rocks and golf courses but nothing specific about wet pavement.
Depends on how much water is on the road, and the situation really. If you’re going to run up to 50mph and then stand on the brakes until you stop, then you’re going to slide for a while. No rain grooves does not seem to affect normal driving in a downpour much at all. A few inches of buildup in low spots didn’t phase them, or hydroplane any.

Thanks for that.

Where I live it rains frequently from Thanksgiving to April, sometimes daily for two weeks at a time, and offroading in the local foothills and mountains from December to March always means snow.

Would I be out of line by extrapolating your observations on Milestar Patagonia wet weather performance under braking into a thumbs down for my LJ that is soon to be equipped with the 16" big brake kit and Black Magic pads?
Just relating my experience, no more, no less.

For those that might know would you recommend these Milestar's or some Falken Wildpeak MT's? My TJ is not a DD and will be used on the highway to only get to the trails. Trails around me are a mix of rocks/roots/mud. I don't plan to drive in the rain unless it's raining after a trail ride. Looking at 33's and both are about the same price ~$160 each. Thoughts?

Bringing up an old thread, curious to know what @Mr. Bills thinks about the Patagonias if he mounted them. was looking at a set of 32X10.5 for my next set of tires.

I did not purchase Patagonias.

Based upon more than a few negative comments by local jeepers who have run Patagonias long term, I do not regret sticking with my Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ P3 tires.
I can't tell if it is coincidental or the chickens are finally coming home to roost but there has been a fairly significant influx of full sets of that tire showing up for sale on the various FB pages.

I can't tell if it is coincidental or the chickens are finally coming home to roost but there has been a fairly significant influx of full sets of that tire showing up for sale on the various FB pages.

That will be perfect for all those guys on the Rubicon who are trading their MTRs for Patagonias.

I've also heard that these tires are garbage. I talked to a guy that bought a used set recently, didn't want to pay for new/better tires when he needed them. He is looking forward to dumping these when he can.

I've also heard that these tires are garbage. I talked to a guy that bought a used set recently, didn't want to pay for new/better tires when he needed them. He is looking forward to dumping these when he can.

They are absolute garbage. I know this first hand and look forward to the day I can be rid of them. Given how fast these things are wearing down, it won't be too long.

Had a set of them, 285/75R-16’s on my TJ when I first bought it in April.

No experience with them in wet weather.

I’ve taken them off, didn’t like them for the street at all. They were cupping up front, I tried higher and lower pressure but didn’t like the handling I got at any pressure.
To me, they’re noisy as hell.

But I did like them in the dirt. Didn’t crawl with ‘em, but dirt and rough terrain they felt ok. Good bite, and they pick up rocks and gravel like crazy.

Still have the tires. Thought about mounting them up just for off road only. But the cost of another set of 16x8 rims has slowed that idea up.

Long story short, I wouldn’t recommend ‘em.

Interesting that this thread popped up from long ago.

I just commented on a review of these by someone else.
They claim these tires are supposed to be run with a crown.

Aaalllrrriiiggghhttyyy then.

I said if thats the case these will suck on the following...hard packed snow/ice...hard ground with wet grass...the rain will be very sketchy pending ambient temperatures...

I've sold many milestar tires. Matter of fact I'm selling a set today. They are all street and or Patriot type vehicle tires. I'd never EVER sell anyone a set of these pizza cutters. Terrible idea.

Big tires...if it's good rubber can NOT be bought on the cheap. You pay to play.

thanks for the opiniones, seems like these things got a lot of good reviews about a year ago, but seem to have gotten kinda crummy ones since, wonder if they changed?

anyone have recommendations on a good 31X10.5 R15 M/T? i'd like to be on the cheaper side (wouldn't we all) but these are tires, the only thing between you and the pavement/trail. So im guessing its more of a "you get what you pay for" game.

thanks for the opiniones, seems like these things got a lot of good reviews about a year ago, but seem to have gotten kinda crummy ones since, wonder if they changed?

What changed was that there are enough people without sponsorship talking about these tires. LiteBrite doesn't know what a good tire or Jeep part is.

Reactions: chad and rasband
What changed was that there are enough people without sponsorship talking about these tires. LiteBrite doesn't know what a good tire or Jeep part is.
I had to go find that video actually, hadn’t seen it yet, was only looking at videos with TJ’s It hurt to watch. Yikes!

I'm hearing good things about the Coopers - in fact, they're #1 on my list for eventual purchase at this point. Same size.
asuning your talking about the Evolution M/T’s. Those look pretty good 144 a tire from discount. Imagine I could shop around and find a better price, but that’s not bad.