Missing Engine Coil Capacitor

Sfoote

Have 2000 TJ 4.0 automatic, when cleaning and changing the oil found a broken wire just above the oil filter & a bare bracket that is mounted to a stud. Local shop help determine that it's the Engine Coil Capacitor. There are no listings for 2000 - 01 for this part from the dealer or online, just for 2002 - 06. Dealer is checking to see if the later years will work, it's been a week & no response back from the manufacturer of it. The wire end that is broke is part of the wiring harness & really don't want to buy that just for this piece. So far haven't had any luck with wrecking yards. I found out if the wire does ground against the block it will blow the 20 amp injector fuse in the main block. Jeep still starts fine & not getting any codes. Wondering what my options are. Picture is from my brothers "03" so I'd know what I'm looking for.
Engine Coil Capacitor.jpg

Unlike older vehicles like I grew up with @Sfoote , there is no separate capacitor (aka condenser) for the ignition coil or coil rail system as your TJ has. That connector isn't ringing a bell for me at this time, though following a cable that appears to exit from it, the cable appears to connect to your camshaft position sensor, But if your CPS wasn't plugged in your engine would not run.

Thanks for the input. Was able to locate parts needed at a small local yard. Actually ended up with 2, one from a 2000 & a 2002 (waiting to see if it would compatible). Had more into fuel & time into this then what they charged. $10 for both.