Moab bound in 3 days

Locky

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
My 20 yr old daughter and I are heading to Moab for the first time on Thursday. Anybody know what the cell service is like out on the trails? We have Verizon.

Moab.jpg

I had fairly good service with Verizon when there earlier in the year. I recomend hitting up fins and things first so you can see the amazing traction slickrock gives you. Just to be safe though make sure you download offline maps on google.

Also download the jeep badge of honor app!!
15680821629088514975198809216578.jpg

Last edited:
I was there earlier this year and have Verizon as well. My service was pretty good, a local told me that if you can see the La Sal mountains from the trail you are on then you should be able to make a call. Not sure if that is true, but it seemed to work for me...

Seven Mile Rim is a great trail - love the variety and the scenery!

Reactions: JMT and Alex01
I had fairly good service with Verizon when there earlier in the year. I reccomend hitting up fins and things first so you can see the amazing traction slickrock gives you. Just to be safe though make sure you download offline maps on google.

Also download the jeep badge of honor app!!
View attachment 114436
Thanks for the advice. Luckily at least 2 in our group are Moab veterans.

Reactions: Alex01
Your Thursday schedule looks ambitious. I sure woudl love to be there with you. Congrats on getting to go with your daughter. You should have a blast. Follow the lines of those veterans, some of them require very specific tire placement. Enjoy!

on the way, if you havent been.. the I-80 truck stop trucking museum in walcott IA is a pretty neat place to get out and stretch your legs for a bit. cant miss it as there are tons of signs advertising for the worlds largest truck stop ahead for a good couple of hours in either direction.

theres some pretty neat semi tractors or whatever they are called in there. museum admission is free but there is a donation jar on the counter if you want to donate for your admission.

Reactions: Locky
This thread is making me want to go back to Moab. @JMT it's hard to believe we were just there 4 months ago. Feels like it's been a lot longer.View attachment 114537
It feels like forever. We were just talking about returning during lunch. My wife wants to go, but probably not until next year. I am good with that. The wheeling here pretty much sucks so far. I'm going to have to make a drive to find some rocks. All I found were these steep hill climbs and whoopdeedoos. All I can say about that is whoopdeedoo, who cares. At this point I'm thinking not even to do the TT and put that money somewhere else. As it is I can go anywhere around here. A little disheartening, but at least I have a rig that can scour this state and go to Moab anytime.

As per the pic above, "Those were the days!"

Reactions: Bob in Texas
Ok a funny story from Moab. I was there a couple years ago with a buddy and I was following him, when all of a sudden he pulled to the side and said it was my time to lead. Then I saw what appeared to be this huge drop off, so I got out and looked over the edge and said holly crap I see the tire marks but it looks straight down. While I was looking over the situation this TJ on I think 31's maybe 33's at most pulled up. The drive was his little old guy must have been in his late seventies and his wife was about the same age. She rolled her window and asked if everything was OK, that's when I saw this little dog on her lap. I said no everything is Ok just looking over the drop off, when she said "you'll be fine we do this all the time" than to makes things worse she said " if you want you can follow us".

Ok so that's all it took, a little old lady with a little dog on her lap challenging my manhood. So over the edge I went.