Utah Moab Trip 4/27/19-5/5/19

Nice @ac_ ! Congrats on getting all set up! Trailer looks in great shape!

Reactions: ac_
We need @jchadscud to sign on for the trip. He takes awesome drone pics! Want to go to Moab bro? Your pristine rig won't get a scratch, I promise.

That sounds like an awesome trip, but I’ve got something going on during those dates. I might be able to swing one of the weekends by flying in, but looks like the closest airport is SLC which is 4 hours away. Would be fun to shoot some pics and vids of you guys!

Reactions: lowranger and JMT
I found my new project / trailer today. I will need to put a new deck on it, redo the wiring, and most likely paint black. Other than that it has solid bones and I'm looking forward to working on something that isn't a jeep or a house for a bit. :p

2008 carson 18ft trailer. It has a 4 inch drop. In its prior life it was used to haul drag cars to the track. I bought it from the original owner who only used it for a year or two before retiring from the drag strip. The owner had a few GTO's laying around and enters them into goodguys each year.

I found my new project / trailer today. I will need to put a new deck on it, redo the wiring, and most likely paint black. Other than that it has solid bones and I'm looking forward to working on something that isn't a jeep or a house for a bit. :p

2008 carson 18ft trailer. It has a 4 inch drop. In its prior life it was used to haul drag cars to the track. I bought it from the original owner who only used it for a year or two before retiring from the drag strip. The owner had a few GTO's laying around and enters them into goodguys each year. View attachment 75887
Nice! Congratulations! Welcome to the trailer group that is starting to build up here. Want to paint mine too before Moab and upgrade a few side marker lights.

Reactions: DrDmoney and Alex01

2008 carson 18ft trailer. It has a 4 inch drop. In its prior life it was used to haul drag cars to the track. I bought it from the original owner who only used it for a year or two before retiring from the drag strip. The owner had a few GTO's laying around and enters them into goodguys each year. View attachment 75887

That looks really nice! When I was looking for one, I was prepared to buy a project so I was watching some good youtube videos on replacing the deck. Some of them made it look pretty easy. I got lucky when I found mine because it was actually used to move equipment, I never hauled a car nor have the ramps even been out of their slots. Mine was practically brand new. I got really lucky because they were either really nice or junk. I missed out on a couple good ones because it took me a couple days to reply.

Anyway I think the deck is relatively easy, especially since you are working on your Jeep and your house, I bet you are just handy enough to do it.

Congrats on the trailer! it looks really cool.

Reactions: Alex01