Utah Moab Trip 4/27/19-5/5/19

@ac_, are you all in for running Top of the World?! ^^^

Reactions: ac_
Fins-n-things and Hells Revenge are doable in one day and are close to each other. Top of the World should be a day in itself, and is a fair drive out of town to get to. 7 mile Rim was one of my favs and not too dificult with awesome views.

We will do Fins & Things again and Hells Revenge. If people haven't been to Dead Horse Point, they need to go. Easy drive and I know a cool easy short cut :)
I discovered about a month ago that a couple I know used to run the KOA in Moab. They were telling a story about the time they went to Dead Horse Point in a Suburban (stock). They mentioned a very narrow point between some rocks that they had to get through, which they did, sort of, and then had to come back through, which didn't go as well, I think they lost the rear bumper. Moral of the story, don't go to Dead Horse Point in a Suburban. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Alex01
@ac_, are you all in for running Top of the World?! ^^^
I am up for most anything, Like @qslim I was a little nervous of how this was going to go, but it looks like I am not alone, and am looking forward to a good time. @tomtaylz and @JMT you are brave. I like that. My distance is half that and originally I was going to drive it, but I chickened out and decided to tow in.

Reactions: lowranger and JMT
I discovered about a month ago that a couple I know used to run the KOA in Moab. They were telling a story about the time they went to Dead Horse Point in a Suburban (stock). They mentioned a very narrow point between some rocks that they had to get through, which they did, sort of, and then had to come back through, which didn't go as well, I think they lost the rear bumper. Moral of the story, don't go to Dead Horse Point in a Suburban. ;)
We'll be going between those rocks, but we'll be in Jeeps. :)
CIMG7407.JPG

Reactions: ac_ and JMT
So if anyone still needs somewhere to stay I have one more room free, I think JMT is taking one.

$350 for April 28th - May 3rd.
It’s a 3BD/2.5BA condo with a garage in the Rim Village community

Let me know if you’re interested!

Reactions: ac_ and JMT
I'm looking good @tomtaylz. If I don't get to go now, I'll be really hurt. This will be the longest vacation I've taken in 15 years. Well, there was a 3 month sabbatical, so that might count against me...but I'm really looking forward to it.

Reactions: ac_ and tomtaylz
I'm looking good @tomtaylz. If I don't get to go now, I'll be really hurt. This will be the longest vacation I've taken in 15 years. Well, there was a 3 month sabbatical, so that might count against me...but I'm really looking forward to it.

Now we just need one more person to fill up the house :D.

I have never in my life taken this much time off. I am sort of hoping that I will just forget everything and not ever go back lol

Not to be too forward, but are ya'll going topless for this one? I'm up in N Utah so I still have the hardtop on and typically to until about the end of May; then it stays off until September or so. My kids favorite thing about 4 wheeling is being in the back with no top on... Weather underground shows a high of 70 for that time of year, what do you all think?

Not to be too forward, but are ya'll going topless for this one? I'm up in N Utah so I still have the hardtop on and typically to until about the end of May; then it stays off until September or so. My kids favorite thing about 4 wheeling is being in the back with no top on... Weather underground shows a high of 70 for that time of year, what do you all think?

Here in AZ we are the opposite. Those are the times my top goes back on. but I personally am going to haul my Jeep up there with the full top on, and remove as necessary. It is a little easier for me because I have a soft top.

I'll have my soft top with me but most likely topless the whole time.

Last edited: