Utah Moab Trip 4/27/19-5/5/19

Not to be too forward, but are ya'll going topless for this one? I'm up in N Utah so I still have the hardtop on and typically to until about the end of May; then it stays off until September or so. My kids favorite thing about 4 wheeling is being in the back with no top on... Weather underground shows a high of 70 for that time of year, what do you all think?
I’ve been 4 times about this time of the year, each time it rained some where along the trip there or back and twice there. I take my top of and put it on the trailer and screw it down, if I need it it’s available. I take mine off on Fathers Day at home and goes back on Halloween.

So if anyone still needs somewhere to stay I have one more room free, I think JMT is taking one.

$350 for April 28th - May 3rd.
It’s a 3BD/2.5BA condo with a garage in the Rim Village community

Let me know if you’re interested!
I did this last trip to Moab, by far the most relaxing trip. We stayed in Rim Vistas, same as Rim Village. The place has everything you need so just bring clothes, everything else is there for you. Most are pet friendly, two car garage, and outdoor private patio with bbq.

Reactions: tomtaylz
I really should block this thread instead of torturing myself. My chances of making it are dwindling by the day.

It’s like when you were a kid and your ice cream fell on the ground and you have to watch everyone else eat theirs.

There's always next year. Keep the faith brah!

I’ll drive up with the hardtop and doors on, then remove as opportunity arises. Hopefully be able to go topless and doorless the whole trip! There is nothing like wheelin doorless and topless!

Reactions: ac_
I’ll drive up with the hardtop and doors on, then remove as opportunity arises. Hopefully be able to go topless and doorless the whole trip! There is nothing like wheelin doorless and topless!

Maybe you could bribe Tom to stow your top in his 2 car garage?

Reactions: DrDmoney
Speaking of garage, @tomtaylz , if you can’t rent out that last room for sleeping, rent it for people to store their doors in. That’ll get some takers!

Ok so I put my camper on my truck today, and installed my extension. I wanted to go drive around, but got into too many other projects.

Look at this monster...

That is no joke!

I may take it out next weekend. Hook up my motorcycle trailer, and grab a quad, and go for an overnighter. I haven't even driven my truck yet with the camper on it. I need to practice before Moab next month.

Yep next month!!

Reactions: Alex01 and JMT
Ok so I put my camper on my truck today, and installed my extension. I wanted to go drive around, but got into too many other projects.

Look at this monster...View attachment 85471

That is no joke!

I may take it out next weekend. Hook up my motorcycle trailer, and grab a quad, and go for an overnighter. I haven't even driven my truck yet with the camper on it. I need to practice before Moab next month.

Yep next month!!
That's a serious hitch!

@ac_ , I practiced my rig in the rocks last Saturday at the Little Moab of TX, Katemcy Rocks. Everything worked well except on one turn in 4H something sounded real bad three bangs, maybe TCase. I took it into 2L, drive F and R, fine. Back into 4H, all good even turning. On to 4L, seems fine. Now to get the door.

So this is what I'm thinking for Monday April 29th for Moab. To me "Dead Horse Point" is a must see if anyone hasn't seen it. Head to Dead Horse Point via Gemini Bridges (arches) a dirt back road to Dead Horse point. Stop at Gemini Bridges and make the short walk to it. Then onto Dead Horse Point. Look at Dead Horse Point and have lunch there (bring your own). Then head back to Moab (another back road through Long Canyon) come out at the Colorado river and follow the river back to Moab, making a few stops along the way for photo ops. It will be a relaxing day and all the road are easy with nothing crazy. Who wants to join us?

Check your front axle ujoints

Good luck with the door. I can't wait to hear about it.
You don't sound to excited about my door brah! But then I'm not too excited about the $450 I'm dishing out for it, the one they just set on the concrete! I almost went to go get it this AM, but it was wet and my TJ is all cleaned up and I didn't want to drive in that mess. It's going to all evaporate off today since it will be 80+ degrees here. Head out in the AM. Then my TJ will hopefully look up to par with the rest of your rigs. Who wants a creased door? Geez, what is wrong with me, demanding perfection of a Jeep.

I'm thinking @lowranger. That might be a good day for us. I'll be arriving on Thursday the 27th and thinking I'll run a few easier trails just for fun before you guys arrive.