Mods that I liked more than I expected

Yeah, I'm 6'2" with the seat all the way back. Thanks for the feedback.
You ‘ll like it then . I’m 6’0 ( muscular and handsome of course , we are on line) and I can reach mine , it’s just I’m not at all used to it...which is funny....I wanted one of these since I saw them here.

Seat heaters
Dead pedal
Regear

My newest favorite is the Exogate that replaced the swing out carrier.
Stop praising the exogate.... You're making me second guess my tire carrier. 🤣

Reagear
Hand throttle

Reactions: DrDmoney
Stop praising the exogate.... You're making me second guess my tire carrier. 🤣

Reagear
Hand throttle

It's the best! Did you see close the tire is up against the body?
20190703_162959.jpg

Here’s an accessory I got I’m not sure on- i got one of the cool flush mount usb chargers for my lighter plug. , I can’t see it from my drivers seat . Rats. Depression sets in.

You do know that tall is only a vertical measurement, right?

Maybe in stick figures but that vertical measurement is comprised at least in part by an oft-horizontal section that exists between the knee & hip joints, what with the human body’s partial folding ability & whatnot, and when so folded can at times limit the space available for the taller humans, most often presenting as a problem when one of them is in the seated position in, say, a TJ.

At five foot seven I’ve only observed this phenomenon rather than experiencing it. Sometimes makes me cringe, but not as much as the 400lb human squeezing into a seat in a stadium or on a plane. I find it ironic, I’m usually the smallest person wherever I am, the world is comprised of people much taller/larger than me yet that same world seems to be built for people my size, go figure. Kinda the same way many parking lots seem to be designed more & more for Smart cars yet 9 out of 10 ‘cars’ stuffed into the spaces are SUVs & Pickups.

By the way that reminds me on the OP’s question I’d also add the Bartact grab handles, that was actually the very first thing I bought for my TJ & I use them every time I get in & out and given my above-mentioned less than gargantuan stature they’ve been a fantastic help, super strong too (at almost 3 years old not a stitch out of place) & at $50 it didn’t sting.

If you’ve made it this far, thank you for reading tonight’s novella.

Mods that I have liked more than I expected

• seat risers - this was the first mod on my jeep and a must have for me.
  • dead pedal - this also easily tops the list for me. I shamelessly copied @jjvw's 90s Mustang idea
  • A-pillar mounted grab bars - this gets the 2nd place given how much easy it is to climb in the jeep
  • bedrug + weathertech liners - these made the jeep inside look nearly new and given how easy it has been to clean and maintain after hiking/camping trips and through the rainy Oregon winters, this gets on the list. I initially got the cheaper rugged ridge mats but they kept sliding and I sold them on CL and got the weathertech ones.
  • mesh web shade - I initially did not see the point, but this "inbetween" option is actually great. I got it pretty recently and it's very nice to have for soft top season.

MrBlaine's BlackMagic 16 inch Big Brake kit. The #1 mod that I have made. If you are in need of new brakes it is worth every cent. You will stop on a dime and get 6 cents back.

Check em out. Every time you apply the brakes and stop..(your brakes will not fade if broke in properly)..you will be glad you upgraded.

http://www.blackmagicbrakes.com/
I got VANCO 16" Big Brake Kit w/BMB Pads for 16" Rims w/Unit Bearings. Easy bolt on.

Last edited:
MrBlaine's BlackMagic 16 inch Big Brake kit. If you are in need of new brakes it is worth every cent. You will stop on a dime and get 6 cents back.
I'm currently running the Super 16" kit on stock 31 inch tires. Super easy to stop. As soon as I get in another car I have to remember to actually push on the pedal to stop...

I am a Spidy Shade junkie! Re-gear was a double edged sword. Blaines BBK wasn't unexpected, so it doesn't count. RS5000X shocks, so far unexpectedly impressed. Stereo upgrades, Polks, Kenwood amp, impressive!

Thinking about turning one of these into a dead pedal.
View attachment 103792

If I remember right, the back side of the big one is hollow with the attachment screws. You could fill that in with fiberglass rosin and attach it upside down (instead of the way it is pictured) so that the toes are right for the left foot. LOL :D

Have you got a thread on how that hand throttle is set up.? I want to do one and if rig it I ll probably launch it through my garage.
Sorry buddy I do not. I will be installing supercharger this winter so I haven’t permanently crimped the cable yet.
Picked it up for free at my local shop. It’s made by teraflex and was very simple to install.