Mods that I liked more than I expected

Sorry buddy I do not. I will be installing supercharger this winter so I haven’t permanently crimped the cable yet.
Picked it up for free at my local shop. It’s made by teraflex and was very simple to install.
That’s great info, I ‘ll look it up on the teraflex website.

Reactions: Powdermonkey
My nephew got me the Spiderweb Sunshade. It is almost full length. It does not run to the tailgate. Stops about a quarter way down the back. It is super nice in the spring, summer, fall time frame. The torque tubes / headers were rusted out. There were holes in the manifold, the catalytic converter was rattling, and the muffler was rusted out. I know nobody likes or believes in the cold air intake thing, but the sound I have gotten from Banks is nice. Not obnoxiously loud, low and mellow. So it wasn't that much more money. Performance increase, slightly maybe, better mpg, slightly maybe.

Reactions: AndyG and DrDmoney
@OlivierJeepDad @jjvw what dead pedal are you guys running? Also do you use it as much if you’re driving manual? Been thinking bout installing one for awhile
@OlivierJeepDad @jjvw what dead pedal are you guys running? Also do you use it as much if you’re driving manual? Been thinking bout installing one for awhile

MORE dead pedal from Quadratic.

I have a manual transmission and didn’t realize how much I used it until it wasn’t there.

Most of them replicate the floor angle which is close to that...what is good on the mustang pedal is you CAN alter it.

I did the m.o.r.e ..keep the box. It is designed to mount in the angled part of the floor, and the more you move it toward you , it changes the angle.

It’s a nice pedal , but sits way forward . If you are long legged , you will like
Yeah, I'm 6'2" with the seat all the way back. Thanks for the feedback.
I’m 6’3” and it sits in a good position for me

Other than the half cab and bed work I have only done minor stuff to Ripley but the delrin door inserts have made a huge difference in opening and closing the doors. They were sticky and you had to fight them but now a gentle push or pull does the trick. They raised the doors just enough. Also eliminated an air noise coming from the top driver side door.

Other than the half cab and bed work I have only done minor stuff to Ripley but the delrin door inserts have made a huge difference in opening and closing the doors. They were sticky and you had to fight them but now a gentle push or pull does the trick. They raised the doors just enough. Also eliminated an air noise coming from the top driver side door.
Where did you find them sir?

My nephew got me the Spiderweb Sunshade. It is almost full length. It does not run to the tailgate. Stops about a quarter way down the back. It is super nice in the spring, summer, fall time frame. The torque tubes / headers were rusted out. There were holes in the manifold, the catalytic converter was rattling, and the muffler was rusted out. I know nobody likes or believes in the cold air intake thing, but the sound I have gotten from Banks is nice. Not obnoxiously loud, low and mellow. So it wasn't that much more money. Performance increase, slightly maybe, better mpg, slightly maybe.
I removed my K and N , and could tell a difference ...but I could also see the dust that was getting in.

The Banks is more protective, shrouds the filter more , which likely helps .

Reactions: Chief Brohician
One more....

Savvy Cable. How could I left this off? You don't know how bad the stock contraption is until you feel the sure , solid shift of the cable , even with 2 fingers. I'm convinced these are good for the transfer cases as well , and bring the shifter action into the modern era. This is a seriously good mod, not just a hey look at what I got deal.

-Gibson muffler
-Self-powered sub, installed in center console
-LED headlights
-Alien shade
-NX fastback Trektop
-LED replacement interior and dash bulbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Misch Big Boy Brackets. Turned my Jeep from a cramped go cart. To a full size interior off road vehicle. Literally was almost not driveable by my 6'3" self. Saved my knees.

Upgrading from early model seats to late model 03-06 seats. Granted my early model seats were sagged out. But the newer seats are just so much more comfortable and safe feeling. The headrest alone would save your neck in a crash vs the early model seats. But most of all the comfort. They're just better for a big guy. Maybe smaller dudes find the early model seats better. IDK. I spent $400 delivered on the new seats. One of the best investments in rehab parts I've spent thus far.

Full doors vs half doors. The PO had installed half doors with soft uppers. Man what a pain. I couldn't see sh*t out of the soft uppers. Even with new windows installed. I was always rubber necking it looking around for fear of not seeing someone or something to my left and right. Noisy. Not a good armrest height for me. Installed full doors. And man what a difference!!!!! I can see a full 180 now. Thru crystal clear glass windows. Not to mention I think it makes the jeep look way better. Just mho. And I feel safer with a full door. Although I know there isn't that much difference. Still a great mod. I'm so glad I did it.

Rancho 5000X shocks. Man. This turned my mushy sh*t driving Jeep into a real automobile. The handling and driver experience was like ten fold better. I'm not kidding you. If your not running Rancho 5000X's your crazy. There's a reason everyone and their brother recommends them. Glad I followed the advice on here.

Turning my rear view mirror upside down. At 6'3" I can't see street lights while stopped without craning my neck uncomfortably down and then up. So any amount of additional windshield space I get the better off I am. Great mod. Try it.

Growing on me mods:

The PO installed a security glovebox and security trunk. AT first I hated them. Ugly as hell. And could not get used to using the key on them all the time. But as time has gone by I like the glove box now. I can put the stereo faceplate in there. And lock it pretty quickly now. It's become sort of normal to do now. The trunk I like for legal reasons. I can put a firearm in there or controlled substance. And at least have the illusion of a "trunk". But it does get in the way of storage. I hate to lose it. But I can't put groceries in the back very easily with it there. So we'll see.

Mods that I think will be great as soon as I install them?

LED headlights. I bought the Truck Lite knock offs. Can't wait to see how they open up the night.

Sound Deadening. I'm been talking about this for a lifetime. The sound deadener has been collecting dust in my garage for over 3 years. After painting my bumpers and trim. This is the next mod coming up.

ACC carpet. Once I do the sound deadening. I'm installing my ACC carpet set. It's so thick and luxurious. Can't wait to feel how it will change the sound in the Jeep. It's got to. It's like a giant sound deadener.

AndyG, look on the Quadratec website for them.
20342B77-2E69-43C2-B423-FD920CB81525.png

Hand throttle is my #1

The way I have mine rigged up, I can put along at at 5-10mph which is nearly the perfect speed to roll through the trail, but also Atlanta rush hour traffic.

Second to that was an IPad mount. Lets me see maps big and easy to navigate in the woods. We do a lot of "let's go down this random road and see where it goes" trips, so having the iPad keep us located is nice.

Hand throttle is my #1

Second to that was an IPad mount. Lets me see maps big and easy to navigate in the woods. We do a lot of "let's go down this random road and see where it goes" trips, so having the iPad keep us located is nice.
Hand throttle is something I have been considering for quite a while. Do you have cruise control? I understand having cruise control complicates installation.

What app do you use on your iPad? I've tried google offline maps and it just does not work well for me.

Hand throttle is something I have been considering for quite a while. Do you have cruise control? I understand having cruise control complicates installation.

Mine has both cruise and a hand throttle. The two don't interact with each other.

What app do you use on your iPad? I've tried google offline maps and it just does not work well for me.

I think drilling a hole in the bracket above and between the throttle and cruise holes makes for a much cleaner install than how Teraflex wants you to install it if you don't have cruise.

I do have factory cruise. I slipped the loop for the hand throttle behind the connector for the cruise and it has worked well for a long time.

As for apps, we use GaiaGPS. For a free app, it is extremely powerful.