MORryde vs Exogate

Hey Y'all, quick question on this yer Exogate deally:

Does this contraption allow for adjustable height on mounting the wheel?

Reason I ask: I presently have a HD tire carrier from ExtremeTerrain, which nicely places my spare (35") above my rear tube fender. As I'm planning to install the Exogate before too long, I'm wanting to ensure I can mount the wheel high enough to clear my fender.

Thanks for your thoughts.

*My current set-up, below:

View attachment 70003

It comes with offset brackets which can take it optionally up and to the left.

That's true, the offset brackets can raise it up, though they'll also shift it to the left slightly.

Hey Y'all, quick question on this yer Exogate deally:

Does this contraption allow for adjustable height on mounting the wheel?

Reason I ask: I presently have a HD tire carrier from ExtremeTerrain, which nicely places my spare (35") above my rear tube fender. As I'm planning to install the Exogate before too long, I'm wanting to ensure I can mount the wheel high enough to clear my fender.

Thanks for your thoughts.

*My current set-up, below:

View attachment 70003

That tire carrier should bolt right to the MORryde Exogate.

Excellent:)

If it’s the Rugged Ridge carrier, it will require that you use the offset bracket to install since the top of the steel plate prevents you from mounting it without. The combo of the Exogate offset and the Rugged Ridge offset will put the tire too far from the tailgate. See photo below.

Best bet would be to try the stock carrier with the Exogate offset and see if it clears your bumper.

e98ef8bd1bd409329d06ce6b84d0ccd7.jpg

Reactions: Jeepers-n-Creepers
If it’s the Rugged Ridge carrier, it will require that you use the offset bracket to install since the top of the steel plate prevents you from mounting it without. The combo of the Exogate offset and the Rugged Ridge offset will put the tire too far from the tailgate. See photo below.

Best bet would be to try the stock carrier with the Exogate offset and see if it clears your bumper.

View attachment 70148
That type and size of bracket places ENORMOUS leverage against the tailgate, its latch, and its hinges, I certainly wouldn't recommend that to anyone.

View attachment 70148

Good point, thanks for that.

Reactions: jchadscud
That type and size of bracket places ENORMOUS leverage against the tailgate, its latch, and its hinges, I certainly wouldn't recommend that to anyone.

I quickly switched to the stock carrier with no offset knowing that setup wasn’t going to work. With a 1” body lift the 33 clears my rear bumper without the Exogate offset.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
I quickly switched to the stock carrier with no offset knowing that setup wasn’t going to work. With a 1” body lift the 33 clears my rear bumper without the Exogate offset.

How much room to you have to spare, between your 33" tire and bumper?

How much room to you have to spare, between your 33" tire and bumper?

It’s less than an inch. Without the body lift it would hit the bumper. The Exogate offset will help you some in that it moves the spare up and out, but I don’t recall if it’s 1 or 2 inches difference.

Can the OEM tire bracket work with the Exogate? I have a 1.25" body lift and only run 255s. I'd like to keep the tire as close to the body as it is in the OEM configuration.....if possible.

Can the OEM tire bracket work with the Exogate? I have a 1.25" body lift and only run 255s. I'd like to keep the tire as close to the body as it is in the OEM configuration.....if possible.
Yes it can. I'm currently using the OEM bracket.

morryde9.JPG

Perfect. So it only spaces out the tire the thickness of the new bracket.

NK24,

Are those brackets for a Garvin Wilderness Rack? Does the rack interfere with the swing out arc after installing the new extended hinges?

NK24,

Are those brackets for a Garvin Wilderness Rack? Does the rack interfere with the swing out arc after installing the new extended hinges?
I use the Exogate hinges only with my 33's. My wheel backspace required me to move the rubber bumpers out 3/4 of an inch or so. So, if you have a different wheel backspace than stock, the distance the rubber bumpers extend from your stock tire bracket will change.

NK24,

Good eye, those brackets were for a Garvin Wilderness rack. I had to remove the passenger side bracket at the top of the tub in order to get the top Exogate hinge to fit. I didn't see a way to make the rack work with the Exogate in its current configuration. Perhaps a new rack bracket could be fabricated.

You can see the hole where the top bracket used to be. The other hole is covered by the Exogate.

morryde12.JPG