My '06 TJ "Toad" Project

Installation of OME lift and Currie Short Arm begins....
20170606_154532.jpg
20170606_154538_001.jpg

Decided to keep the Air Lift bags in to help with the load of the Tepui tent when I use it...

You sure about that? Rear springs weren't any taller than the ProComp 2.5" springs, nor were they any stiffer; the diameter of the rod use to coil was abouut the same also...

We'll see when I put her feet back on the ground, if her High heels help! Hehehe

Last edited:
Looking good buddy! You are going to like the improved handling. Go easy on greasing them. They don't need much.

You can always do a BL and that will get you up to at least 3.5" and you will have room for a TT if you want down the road. That's the way I'm going. Nice Currie short arms

Not doing the BL or TT, don't like having to realign body/engine parts to make the fit or function; I went with a SYE, cardon shaft and adjustable control arms to keep her vibration-free... height wise, did a measurement (w/o the tent on) and the roof racks will/May just barely clear the top of the garage; may have to air down..

Feeling kinda sick (flu) so might not get to the front until this weekend...

Mental note: don't leave a BIG wrench unattended above your head, while you're under the car; f-ing got smacked got smacked on the forehead!!! Ouch!!!!

Reactions: bobthetj03 and JMT
Had these "Skid Row" Control Arm skids that I hadn't put on for a couple of years and had a couple of hours this morning, so I took that time to install them. Help protect my Currie investment... hehehe
20170610_070352.jpg
20170610_073806.jpg

I'll cut the u-bolts down after the suspension settles and I do any last minute tightening; don't want the to hang up on any obstacles...

During my last outing, the t-case shifting felt a little sticky, so I purchased the Novak Shifter Conversion kit and installed it this weekend. Installation was pretty straight forward and easy; except trying to tighten the bolts that mount the plate to the body by yourself (but managed to do it with a LONG breaker bar on the inside of the jeep, while tightening them from underneath).

Also did a tranny fluid/filter change and re-torque alot of the bolts, while I had the skid plate down. Also had to do a little bit more grinding down on the UCF skid plate, as it did some rubbing against the tranny pan; dont know if it happened when the skid plate was loose or when it happened during the normal ride, but didnt wanna take the chance of more rubbing/wear.
20170708_110118[1].jpg
20170708_110140[1].jpg

Also replaced the front sway bay & quick disconnects with the Currie Anti-Rock a couple of weeks ago. Drove it last weekend, didnt do much crawling to test the articulation, so didnt yet get to appreciate the full value; but it looks cool.

It did have a little more lean in the vehicle than stock when cornering, but wasnt that bad as the boyz in front of me (in the tacomas) who completely removed there sway bars. :)
20170629_190259[1].jpg

Also @bobthetj03; if you noticed in the picture above, I did change the front treads to match the back! hehehe
20170627_125106x.jpg

Lastly, anybody looking for JKS Quick Disconnects? one of the pins that you connect the bar to is slightly damaged, but still works; you can order a replacement from JKS, if you want:
20170702_143817[1].jpg
20170702_143826[1].jpg

Also replaced the front sway bay & quick disconnects with the Currie Anti-Rock a couple of weeks ago. Drove it last weekend, didnt do much crawling to test the articulation, so didnt yet get to appreciate the full value; but it looks cool.

It did have a little more lean in the vehicle than stock when cornering, but wasnt that bad as the boyz in front of me (in the tacomas) who completely removed there sway bars. :)View attachment 18558

Also @bobthetj03; if you noticed in the picture above, I did change the front treads to match the back! heheheView attachment 18561

Lastly, anybody looking for JKS Quick Disconnects? one of the pins that you connect the bar to is slightly damaged, but still works; you can order a replacement from JKS, if you want:View attachment 18562 View attachment 18563
What were you looking at getting for the disconnects? Shoot me a PM I may be interested.