Nashville TJ's Build - Continued

Some pretty descent carnage on the R&P, and some scoring in the housing but nothing fatal.

IMG_0017.JPG

Now off to source a ring and pinion set along with an install kit.

Any recommendations for the strongest set?

I don't know of one brand being any stronger against another brand. At one point I sent my R&P for my rear axle to be cyro-treated. But that was with Bobby Longfield and he's passed away.

https://tinyurl.com/y6ezrv7h
I read the discussions both ways and since my junk has been parked for so long I can't say if it's helped or not.

Spent some time today in research mode and ordered a Dana/Spicer R&P set, along with an install kit which will work with the ARB, from East Coast Gear Supply. Should be here on Wednesday. That was a quick $500.

Seems all the cool kids came over here. ;) I might have to post my build thread here some day soon.

As much as your and Tox's builds are the most drool worthy stuff, I really am most jealous with your shops and tools. I love doing stuff myself, de-stressing, learning, being creative, etc. It is the thing, besides space I gave up with major metro living all of my adult life. There are so many things that I can design on paper like 3/4 link suspension, stretches, etc, but until I have the former they aren't realistic. For now I stick with upgrades that won't cost an utter fortune in shop time.

As much as your and Tox's builds are the most drool worthy stuff, I really am most jealous with your shops and tools..

Toximus, Schmockshimus...

(just seeing if he is watching :))

Last edited:
For some reason that link is failing for me, Rick.

It looks like the thread is GONE........

Blaine was posting up about a electric parking brake that he'd made so I thought you might want a look at it. Maybe PM him and ask about it?

Last edited: