Need help on these repairs

john arata

I have a 2004 TJ

1. The first pictures are of a repair in the front panel that was rusted that i tried to fix.As you can see it didnt come out great.I can replace the panel for 105.00 but would need it painted.Otherwise i could see if a body shop could fix it.

2.The second group of pictures are from the rear fenders you can see the road debris that chipped my fenders.Because its the Columbia Edition I dont want to sand them and paint them black.One guy told me its just the clear coat that dinged up but im not sure about that.

So I guess my question is do you think a body shop could repair these 2 things or do you think i have to replace the parts

IMG_7430.JPG

IMG_7431.JPG

IMG_7428.JPG

IMG_7429.JPG

It's hard to tell from the pictures. A body shop will have to sand the damage out of the fender and blend that repair.
Not sure where you can find a new fender for 105. Or are you speaking of the fender flairs as in the rear? I do my own painting so if it was me I would just fix the fenders and not replace them. Regardless of your choice expect to spend some cash to have a shop fix them

If those rear flairs are like mine then the pits are deeper than just the clear coat. The only way to get them smooth is to sand them and then finish which ever way you want.

Repair/Replace is usually a $$$ question. I'd bet the fenders can be easily repaired/painted. In Canada this is the number one TJ problem.. rusted front fenders. Most guys replace them.

The flares? Depends on your expectations.... and how long before they look like this again. I doubt the flare repair is practical unless you can do it for 50 BUCKS.