Nervous about drilling into tailgate

DiWall

Hi! I'm a new Jeep owner. Looking for some storage solutions for the TJ that will be out of the way. I ordered these Bestop bags, but I'm reluctant to drill into the tailgate to install. Am I nervous for nothing?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009EVP6QO/?tag=wranglerorg-20

1610391372042.jpg

Thanks

Reactions: randy328
Once you drill the 1st hole in your jeep it gets a lot easier.😁
With holes as small as you will be drilling you really have nothing to worry about. If you ever want to get rid of them you could fill them and just use a little touch up paint.

Reactions: Viking Jeeper
If you are worried about drilling too deep, just slip a piece of hose over your drill bit, that will limit the depth. Works like a charm so you have no mistakes.
If you really want to be a pro about it, get a set of rota broaches. No more triangular holes, clean, low force, round, and nearly burr free. Nothing works better for drilling sheet metal.

Reactions: pc1p
Not sure why this comment is pointed at me. I am just trying to help a fella out, But now that you mention it, I am surprised an expert like yourself on everything that has to do with anything has ever made any mistakes, especially one as elementary as drilling a hole. This is a sad day indeed.

• Face Palm
Reactions: jjvw
Not sure why this comment is pointed at me. I am just trying to help a fella out, But now that you mention it, I am surprised an expert like yourself on everything that has to do with anything has ever made any mistakes, especially one as elementary as drilling a hole. This is a sad day indeed.
Experts get to be experts through lots of experience. No one gets lots of experience without making mistakes. I make them just like everyone else does, I just make far less. But, I am not an expert on everything, just everything I am expert at.

Do you know what a rotabroach is and have you ever used one?

The Op wasn’t asking how to drill the hole, he was asking how to drill the hole to a certain depth. I helped him with that.