New OME 2.0 lift questions

For shits-n-giggles, let's get a frame measurement. Too much variable measuring to the flares. Measure where the rear lower control arm bracket is welded to the frame, right at the weld seam, and same for the front lower control arm bracket at the weld seam opposing the rear.

Also keep in mind, with that much rake, if you lower the rear by "x" amount, it will shift the weight in the front a bit and might actually raise the front a tad. So I'd lose the 10mm spacers in the rear first, then go from there. Don't go any bigger than 1" coil spacers. Going any taller than that just limits the spring. OME 2941 springs are actually taller than 2942's, but have 20 in. lbs. less spring rate than 2942's.

Sure thing. I've got a rubicon as well (04) so it should be pretty apples to apples. Might be a couple weeks though. I don't plan on driving this ol girl for a couple months, so I'm in no hurry.

No worries. I may or may not wait for you depending on where this thread goes, but either way I would like to see what you end up with and I am sure others would be interested also.

BTW, I was thinking about your binding question. I don't think anything is binding because I think the truck would lean or I would notice it in how it drives, but that said I added only the new track bar bracket in the rear for a 2inch lift. Clearly I got more than a two inch lift in the rear so I am now kind of wondering if the track bar might be holding me up. I really don't think so because of the sheer mechanics of it, but I do plan on dropping it from the frame just in the off chance it is holding me up an inch or two. I will follow up with this, but I am heading out of town this weekend myself so it may be a couple weeks before I can get to it.

Sounds like a healthy plan. Don't forget that if you drop down too much, your shocks will be too long, that would require another change. It's one reason I'm suggesting staying with a lift height in the 2-3" range.

The rear trackbar isn't holding up anything, just the springs. ;)

Sounds like a healthy plan. Don't forget that if you drop down too much, your shocks will be too long, that would require another change. It's one reason I'm suggesting staying with a lift height in the 2-3" range.

The rear trackbar isn't holding up anything, just the springs. ;)

Thanks, I kind of figured that, but really just reaching for anything.
as far as my shocks they are rated for 0-2.5 which means they are probably over extended now in the rear.

Reactions: JMT
Thanks, I kind of figured that, but really just reaching for anything.
as far as my shocks they are rated for 0-2.5 which means they are probably over extended now in the rear.
Then it sounds like a solid plan to remove those rear spacers as a starting point. What’s your spring length up front and rear? I’d be interested in those numbers. They may be in the other thread, so I apologize if I’m asking for the same info. I’ll go look in the meantime

Reactions: bobthetj03
Then it sounds like a solid plan to remove those rear spacers as a starting point. What’s your spring length up front and rear? I’d be interested in those numbers. They may be in the other thread, so I apologize if I’m asking for the same info. I’ll go look in the meantime

I will remeasure when I take it all apart, most likely start on it next week as I am going out of town this weekend for a quadding event in the hills. Time to get away and have some fun.

Reactions: bobthetj03
I have just put on a OME 2.0 lift last weekend. Here is the parts list:
Old Man Emu Part #: 2942 rear springs
Old Man Emu Part #: 2933 front springs
2 Old Man Emu Part #: OMEJGF10 for front 10mm
2 Old Man Emu Part #: OMEWTJPR10 for rear 10mm
Old Man Emu Part #: FKWTJ02 track bar bracket
Old Man Emu Part #: JWGK01 Transfer case lowering kit
Old Man Emu Part #: FK16 Bumpstops
2 Old Man Emu Part #: 60048 Rear shocks
2 Old Man Emu Part #: 60047 Front shocks

It is a 98 TJ manual trans 4.0L

I am posting this for others that may run into this. I know @Ranger_b0b is about to do this, but I don'r remember what year Jeep.

It seems like this hasn't been a problem with the newer TJ's although I am not positive that even matters. But I feel I have an enormous rake, and I have ordered the same parts as most on this site.

I sent this picture to ARB, and they called me back and agreed that it is too much rake. They told me the reason why was because I don't have a hard top and I have the heavy duty springs in the rear. He said the Heavy duty springs are for Jeeps with like 35inch tires and hard tops and back bumpers that run gas cans and such. I still question that, because I am over 200 lbs and I jump on and off of the back bumper and it doesn't barely budge. Let alone drop 2 inches.

ARB recommended that I change to the light duty springs in the rear and that will fix my issue. Right now even with the heavy springs it rides super nice. I am a little worried about changing them because I am worried the spring rate may change my ride. Not that it is out of the questions this is why I am putting it on this forum.

Their other suggestion was to take the rear 10mm(almost 1/2 inch) pad out of the rear. then add a 3/4 to the front. They told me that I cannot stack a 10mm with a 3/4 but I don't think there is any way I have a chance to level this out unless I do plus i have seen others like @bobthetj03 that does exactly that. In fact I was going to stack it with the stock pad too. I know living on the edge. If I just can't make it work I may break down and buy the light duty springs for the rear.

I am posting this to see if anybody else is having this problem or had this problem.

View attachment 28648
Mine has that same amount of rake I'm pretty sure since I added the winch. I never really noticed till I read your thread. Now it's bugging me haha

Measured top of tire to beginning of flare and I get 7.5" in the rear and 5" in the front. When I added the winch I noticed a drop in the front but damn lol. It doesn't bother me too much. I have the HD springs also. 10mm pucks, and JKS body lift. I guess I could add a 1.5" spacer to the front and pull the pucks from the rear.

I will remeasure when I take it all apart, most likely start on it next week as I am going out of town this weekend for a quadding event in the hills. Time to get away and have some fun.
Have a great weekend. Actually I was thinking you should measure them while installed. The fronts should be around 14 1/2” and the rear around 10 1/2”. This is just to make sure nothing else wrong

IMG_0060.JPG

Reactions: Fouledplugs and JMT
The thistle looks good in your flowerbed!

No really, Jeep looks good to me. I can see the rake, but I'm fine with it. Some are obsessed with having them level, but I think the TJ comes from the factory with a ~1" rake.
Hahahaha yea my landscaping went to shit this year...too many jeep mods. Yea I'm leaving it. I could throw a spacer up front. It's all because of the winch, but yea I'm not gonna worry about it.

What is the 941? I have HD front and rear

The 941 spring is the light duty rear spring option. It has a 20 in. lb. lighter spring rate than the HD spring(942). It's also a bit taller spring so as to give the advertised lift height.

What is the 941? I have HD front and rear
The 941 spring is the light duty rear.
So looking at your earlier post you are are at 7.5 from your tire to your flare and you have a body lift?

I am at 7 3/4 at the same place and I have not body lift. I wonder if I got some miss marked rears that are actually 4inch spring but were missmarked as 2 inch heavies?

Either way @bobthetj03 I ordered some 941's yesterday. I figured for 160 bucks it was worth the gamble, and it is what ARB recommended. If it doesn't work out I can ask ARB "Now What?" and see what they have to say, but I am starting to think I just got some bad rear springs one way or the other.

I am starting to think I just got some bad rear springs one way or the other.
That was my original thought. Let's see how this turns out. Just sorry it had to turn out this way.

The 941 spring is the light duty rear.
So looking at your earlier post you are are at 7.5 from your tire to your flare and you have a body lift?

I am at 7 3/4 at the same place and I have not body lift. I wonder if I got some miss marked rears that are actually 4inch spring but were missmarked as 2 inch heavies?

Either way @bobthetj03 I ordered some 941's yesterday. I figured for 160 bucks it was worth the gamble, and it is what ARB recommended. If it doesn't work out I can ask ARB "Now What?" and see what they have to say, but I am starting to think I just got some bad rear springs one way or the other.
I do have a 1.25" BL. Yours doesn't look that bad. I would just throw a 1" spacer up front and call it a day and see how that looks

Reactions: JMT