New TJ, what lift?

I run a Currie 4" suspension lift but for a first lift, it'd be real hard to beat the Old Man Emu 2.5" or the Zone 4.25" which combines a 3" suspension lift together with a 1.25" body lift. It's significantly easier and less costly to get a 2-3" suspension set up and working well than it is a 4" or taller suspension lift.

When I was selling Zone Offroad, I sold a ton of the 4.25" combo kits. Never a complaint, always praise for the results.

When I was selling Zone Offroad, I sold a ton of the 4.25" combo kits. Never a complaint, always praise for the results.

And it's a way better option than the damn Rough Country kits these kids keep pushing!

I just bought a lift last night from Kolak Performance and Offroad. I've dealt with Kolak before and he knows his stuff.

-OME Heavy Duty Springs (2934 Front/2996 Rear)
-OME Nitrocharger Sport Shocks (60047 Front/60049 Rear)
-OME SD48 Heavy Duty Steering Stabilizer
-OME FKWTJ02 Rear Trackbar Bracket
-IRO Double Shear Front Adjustable Trackbar

Note: I am building a very heavy Jeep which is why I went overboard with the stiffness.

I just bought a lift last night from Kolak Performance and Offroad. I've dealt with Kolak before and he knows his stuff.

-OME Heavy Duty Springs (2934 Front/2996 Rear)
-OME Nitrocharger Sport Shocks (60047 Front/60049 Rear)
-OME SD48 Heavy Duty Steering Stabilizer
-OME FKWTJ02 Rear Trackbar Bracket
-IRO Double Shear Front Adjustable Trackbar

Note: I am building a very heavy Jeep which is why I went overboard with the stiffness.

Small world! I bought the exact same kit (almost) from Kolak as well. Very nice guy who knows his shit!

image.jpeg

Reactions: Chris
Ok this is my 1st post on here , I have the Zone 4" & Metal Cloak hi arched fenders with a 6" flare & the ride is really good I'm very happy

It looks fantastic! I've heard lots of good things about the Zone lift so I'm glad you like it.

^^^ At least $500 for every inch of lift

OME is ARB's stuff and you can't go wrong for the price. I had OME on my 2000 Tacoma and it took years of pounding and didn't whimper until i totaled the truck.

Rock Krawler has some pretty cool gear, and now custom shocks. A local dude has their 3.5" setup with all the bells and whistles. Cool thing about them is you can pick their 3.5" short arm, and add-on as you go. It's meant to be done piece-wise or all at once.

I just recently installed a Currie 4". I paid about $3k. But this included a free Currie front trackbar gifted from a close friend, so it's more like $3300. In that price are Fox shocks at $130 each and SYE/Driveshaft combo @$500. I have all the travel i'll ever need along with a 1" body lift. It's a big chunk of change but one that you won't regret. At least not after the first month lol...You could go cheaper trackbars (Metalcloak, JKS or RE) and shave a little off with a good shock sale and SYE and probably come in at $2600-$2700.

Ok this is my 1st post on here , I have the Zone 4" & Metal Cloak hi arched fenders with a 6" flare & the ride is really good I'm very happy

Sasquatchewan! Good to see you man. Except now since you're here, i have at best, the 2nd coolest TJ on here.

2nd on those flares. Badass.

Reactions: Sasquatchewan
Sasquatchewan! Good to see you man. Except now since you're here, i have at best, the 2nd coolest TJ on here.

2nd on those flares. Badass.
Hey mine isn't any better than yours lol, you got the best build parts .I installed my winch that came with the jeep when I bought it I just painted it , it works fine it's a Elcheepo so we'll see

Installing a lift is really quite easy. Granted I'm a mechanical person, but even then a lift is really low on the scale of 'challenging' projects.

I would not want to discourage people from doing such things though. On the "project scale" you mentioned, the earlier jeeps are really easy, in theory at least. There is nothing 'really' hard to do. Last month I changed clutch/TOB in my jeep. With right tools it is manageable. Some things are easy, some are gonna make you sweat swear kick punch.

I've busted my fair share of knuckles in my life doing clutches, tranny swaps, engine swaps, etc.

For me, changing the TJ suspension out was really easy if you take your time. I wouldn't encourage it as a project for someone who is just starting to learn to work on cars though.

The first install is always the hardest because you don't fully know what to expect. If you're part of a club or have a friend who has done it before toss them a 30 pack and have them assist you with the install.

The first install is always the hardest because you don't fully know what to expect. If you're part of a club or have a friend who has done it before toss them a 30 pack and have them assist you with the install.

^this ^^

First time is always the toughest.

Someone else already said it, but take your time. The more you rush, the more frustrated you'll get. Take it as an enjoyable experience. It will have frustrating moments but there will be some good ones.

My second time around was way better than the first. Rear takes longer because rear trackbar almost always poses a new challenge. Other will probably attest.

Reactions: Chris