New to Wranglers. Is this a good deal?

carfax it to check where it’s lived , check frame and underside good, take it for a spin and check everything on it. maybe have a trusted mechanic look it over as well and good luck!

Reactions: tr21triton
What happened to carpet? Sport comes with it. Also, no age corrosion on door hinge and floor bolt they look brand new??
Could have been garage stored.
image_2022-03-31_191557.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
Im currently looking at a 2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2door 4.0l selling for 5k and I want to know if that is a good deal? I also want to know if it would cost a lot to maintain?

Im looking at the car for a daily driver and to go off road sometimes.

It’s an Automatic
- 100,695 miles

- Comes with Bikini top and soft top, the hard cover top is damaged.
- New LED headlights
- New alternator 2 years ago
- New battery
- New brakes 6 months ago
- Claims to have No rust
- Mostly original parts
- Tires are about 3 yrs old
- Boss digital radio with screen
- Boss speakers
- Aftermarket bumper
Can’t believe it’s still available!!!

Frame looks as good as mine, and let's just say I paid a good bit more than $5k. The ones in the $5k range here in PA are guaranteed rust buckets.

Look at the chassis from underneath, and pull the carpets from the front floors, if those have no corrosion, the Jeep is a steal at $5k. Now, you said “daily driver”, then, pls consider this Jeep’s fuel consuption, this Jeeps are AWESOME off roaders from the factory, but they love drinking gas !!! Not that they are inefficient cars, they are just solid 4x4’s not intended for saving gas. It all depends on your available gas money, and how many miles you will drive it per day. I tell you this, there is NOTHING like a Jeep, specially a Jeep that you do not mind getting really dirty, its original design purpose. You will have lots of fun, and on top of that, a Jeep will always increase in value every year if you keep it well. So, that Jeep could be a Square Deal !!!